Crossbow Hunters in North Carolina

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Re: Crossbow Hunters in North Carolina

Post by nchunterkw »

I have not heard of one but I also have only been down here for about 1 1/2 years. I'd be interested though.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Don't look now, but someone stole your pm icon that should be by your profile icon, which is an interesting read by itself, lol. You must be 160 yrs old to have done all of that! :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Look at my last post. Down at the bottom, next to 'profile' is a pm icon. Next to it on right is an email icon. Your posts don't have that. Sum Ting Wong. :mrgreen:

Your NC friends who may want to touch base w/ you won't be able to do so in private.

I suspect you clicked a box in your profile to make this as it is, but dunno..................
"Eze 18:21"
depjdbrn

Post by depjdbrn »

I cant find much around this area..
I was wanting to get a recurve and get back down to basic hunting skills like i did growing up. Deer, turkey, bear are plentiful around this area.
Found this site and liked what i saw. Very professional good marketing watched all the videos ......great people, and i believe in the recurve system bow or crossbow.
The only problem is that i found the Equinox yesterday at a local vender and even shot it.. It was the most uncomfortable weapon ive ever handled. Total weight was 9.5 lbs.with everything on it. It's to front heavy not balanced like i thought it would be. I want a crossbow because of my age and sight, i need to use a scope. That being said i'm very dissappointed because i think that the excalibur brand name is an excellent product and was excited about buying one. Which one do you have and what are your thoughts..Is it something i have to condition to or what. I'm not a weak person, i can't see myself in a blind or walking thru the woods with that bow. Thanks
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Bambikiller

Our archery club in N.C. is also a member of NCBA and yes they do frown on crossbows, they fought for many years to keep crossbows illegal in N.C. except for handicap shooters. But 2 years ago they lost that battle and now they are legal in our state.
I don't know of an organization in N.C. but they maybe a 3D shoot coming up in Western N.C. soon according to someone on here posting a couple weeks back where we can use crossbows.

If we get a shoot up we will post a message.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

Don't know of any just yet. Crossbows are so new too NC there will be one before long. I would like to join something myself. like you said if your a crossbow shooter don't have anything to do with NCBA. They hate a crossbow. Just shows how selfish/ignorant one group can be!
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!