Tease of things to come

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Tease of things to come

Post by flightattendant100 »

I took the day off and drove up to Mena,Arkansas to meet some Excal forum members face to face.Awshucks,Vixenmaster,Boo, and the infamous Danny Miller were at Aw's place chillin' and getting ready for the big hog hunt tomorrow.We talked, snacked,shot a little,visited and had a great time.I kinda felt like I had walked into a "Who's Who" of Excal meeting.Between Boo and Danny Miller I got a graduate coarse in crossbow. Those folks knowledge is amazing and they are eager to help and pass on what they have learned through the years. Awshucks is a most gracious host and provided some very tasty snacks. I had a great time and truly enjoyed myself. I hope that their hunt tomorrow is great and all are successful. It was sure nice to get to put a face with a name and talk in person. Thanks guys for letting me drop by visit. I dont know if what happens in Mena stays in Mena,but nothin' happened while I was there. Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.
j.krug

Re: Tease of things to come

Post by j.krug »

Excellent! Sounds like a good time for sure! How long of a drive was it for you?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I had a short notice invite to this party but just could'nt do it. Sure missed a great opportunity to meet some great forum members out there. Less important to me would have been the pig hunt. Imagine having the legendary Danny Miller and the outdoormen Awshucks for the host and of course Mr. Boo himself there and now Flightattendent and who nows who else that will stop in. GEEZE i'm jealous! Hope all have a great time and are able to tell a little of the top secret stuff thats going on down there. Have a GREAT hunt and be safe. The good Lord willing maybe next year. :wink: :D

PS. I completely forgot Don's better half is there to. Don's so lucky to have a wife that puts up with a gathering of old farts telling the same story over and over cuz their memory failed them years ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:
flightattendant100

Its about 4.5-5 hrs from Ft.Worth depending on time of day(you have to go thru Dallas) and how hard you drive. Its really pretty up that way. Ft. Worth is pretty much FLAT and around Mena is hilly and forrested. It was a nice change for sure. Folks, as sharp and nice as Danny Miller comes across on the phone,he's much more in person. Super nice and just an encyclopedia of crossbow.Not only was this a fun trip,but such a learning experience too.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Glad you came over Paul. I had a good time meeting you in person & you brought great slaw & cherry cobbler & my Mrs said she would like the receipe's Thx
We did well on the the hunt got 5!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

It was sure nice to meet you Mikey,I had a ball visitin',shootin', snackin' getting to know everyone. Great bunch of guys.I had a lot of fun and didnt have to clean an ol' nasty hog. Congrats on the two pigs. Miss Vixen rides again! If you really want the recipes I'll send ya a pm. They are easy....easy enough I can do 'em.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Paul, it was fantastic to finally meet you in person! I can tell you that I as well as everyone else were amazed that you put in such an effort to meet us all! Thanks Paul!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Boo wrote:Paul, it was fantastic to finally meet you in person! I can tell you that I as well as everyone else were amazed that you put in such an effort to meet us all! Thanks Paul!
Boo,I wouldn't have missed it.I had a ball.Thanks to you all for letting me tag along.Much fun!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Among every thing else, you came w/ in a point or two of
taking the informal 3-D shoot!

Glad you could make it up, I'd like your recipe for the slaw. Could only do a taste on cobbler [diabetic] but now Don knows what it is, lol. I learned something too, Canada has white cheddar cheese!

Wish you could have stayed for supper, but understood time constraints.
"Eze 18:21"
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

That must have been a good time. Glad you folks had a good hunt and good time.
Raymond