Ar/Ok 2012 Hog hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Re: Ar/Ok 2012 Hog hunt

Post by Raymond »

It looks like you folks had a great time. Glad you had a good time of fellowship and a great hunting trip, and a safe return home. Thanks for letting us see some photos.
Thanks,
Raymond
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Hey Dan, Did Danny use a Swacker bh on a hog? The test he did at your place was sure impressive. Was just curious.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Danny didn't get a clear shot the whole time he was out. There was either a goat, buff, long horn steer or something behind the pigs that came in.
"Eze 18:21"
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

awshucks wrote:Danny didn't get a clear shot the whole time he was out. There was either a goat, buff, long horn steer or something behind the pigs that came in.
He could have pulled a Boo and got a two'fer. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I left Toronto at 6 am. I got stopped by the WV Police for speeding :roll:. The cop started to write a warning instead of a ticket and asked where I was headed. When I told him Arkansa for a pig hunt he said he should have given me a ticket! :shock: because he was jealous. :wink: Seems he was from SC and love to pig hunt. He then proceeded to show me pics of deer on his IPhone! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I picked up Danny at around 2 and the yapping started! Stopped at Hillbilly Hotdogs which was more of a circus than an eatery!

After a sleep at a motel we arrived at Dan`s early evening the next day (Monday). We spent Tuesday trading stories, yapping and shooting. The prize of the day was harvesting Danny Miller`s Gold Tip III! :mrgreen: I tried my hand at pencil whipping the boys but I`m not good at cheating! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We stayed at Rich View Mountain Cabins and I have to say the stone house was a really nice place. For any bear hunters this would be a nice place. They run a guiding service and it seems like there are lots of bears! :shock:
Wednesday as the hunt at Dale`s ranch. He`s a stand up guy and there were plenty of hogs. If I had to be ultra conservative I`d say I saw 30 hogs, most of them were Black/Russian Boars. It was more like 50 I saw all day (some were likely repeats). I wanted to take a couple of smaller feral sows for the BBQ but only had chances at the Russian Boars. Both of mine were taken at 20 yards or so. One was a heart shot (40 yard recovery) and the other was a lung shot (80 yard recovery. I was using 1 1/2" G5 Striker Magnums @125 gr.
We went back on the road the next day. Man I hate those few moments that lead up to saying that it's time to leave!
Got back to Danny's place on Friday. I picked up an Apex and enough parts to put together (with the parts I already had) to make a Danny Mag. That would be a cast riser on a Max rail. It's equivalent to an Exomag. I can tell you how many times Danny jokingly said "did I tell you that I love my bow?" LOL! It's a nice light weight 200# bow with no excess weight.
When we hit customs at the Canadian border the man in the booth asked if I had anything to declare. I said "3 pigs". He then asked if I had any alcohol or tobacco. I said no and he said have a nice day. :shock: :shock: :shock: I wonder what he was thinking???
A couple of comments.
-Awshucks is a great host and friend.
-It was great to see Vixenmaster again.
-I love killing things. :mrgreen:
-I'm using Shwackers next hunting season.
-One drawback on Spitfires and other mechanicals with smaller blade is that if you loose a blade in an animal you have to wonder if, how and when you'll find it.
-Goats like Awshucks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
-I don't like butchering 3 pigs in one go.
-I like robin hooding Danny's arrows. :mrgreen:
-Danny is Excalibur's treasure and if they loose him they'll loose their single biggest asset.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
lscha

Post by lscha »

I love the pictures!! I wish I could go sometime. I love garages for some reason and hanging out in them so that one picture made me jealous. Thanks for posting!!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Sounds like I may have to plan on a trip this next winter. :wink: What really surprises me though is that in this picture.....
Boo wrote:Image

..... No one was wearing chest waders. :shock: I'm sure there was so much bull crap flowing in there, regular rubber boots wouldn't have lasted very long! :lol:

The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Big58cal wrote:Sounds like I may have to plan on a trip this next winter. :wink: What really surprises me though is that in this picture.....

..... No one was wearing chest waders. :shock: I'm sure there was so much bull crap flowing in there, regular rubber boots wouldn't have lasted very long! :lol:

Nawwww, we had shovels!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

gotta tell this story. I was sitting in a ground blind that looked like a real short wooden out house, a wood pallet for a door, two window cut outs, one on either side. Goats, fallow deer, ect out front feeding on corn ect.

Rain starts, they leave corn and mill around my blind. Had seen Don's blind, looked like a tornado hit it, he was rebuilding it as Toon and I left.

I had wondered how his got all tore up. Turns out, it was the friggen goats, they hate rain!

I actually had one big stinky sob try to jump in the shooting window of the blind I was in! Scared the bejeezus out of me, wasn't expecting it. Doubt it was expecting the jack slap it got on the nose, lol.
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

LMAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! At Awshucks!!!!!!!!!
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
taz3

Post by taz3 »

awshucks wrote:
I had wondered how his got all tore up. Turns out, it was the friggen goats, they hate rain!

I actually had one big stinky sob try to jump in the shooting window of the blind I was in! Scared the bejeezus out of me, wasn't expecting it. Doubt it was expecting the jack slap it got on the nose, lol.
Please inform me the next time you return there for a hunt, I'm want to buy you some video glasses. I sure folks would have paid to see this!! :lol:

Thanks for sharing your story, I got a chuckle out of it knowing the way goats are!! :D
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Boo

Post by Boo »

I forgot to post the kill shot on one of the pigs. It's the black one that runs off to the left. Unfortunately there's a tree in the way. Copy and paste the below into your address bar at the top of your browser page.
http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/ ... I_0301.mp4
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Big58cal wrote:Sounds like I may have to plan on a trip this next winter. :wink: What really surprises me though is that in this picture.....

Awshucks told me before I started up there to "wear boots,it might get pretty deep around here". I wonder what he thought a guy from Texas would wear? Dont own much else.
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

this is all good stuff..if ya,ll have more pictures put them up for us
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Please inform me the next time you return there for a hunt, I'm want to buy you some video glasses. I sure folks would have paid to see this!! :lol:

Thanks for sharing your story, I got a chuckle out of it knowing the way goats are!! :D
Better yet, hike your hiney down here and bring a vid camera. :mrgreen:

Speaking of next time, I've heard rumors of an elderly lady that lives on the back-side [north] of the mountain you face [Blackfork] going down my drive. It's Rich mountain you see on the way up and what my property butts against to the south. I'm in a valley 20+ miles long. So is....................

Ms Cherry is her name and know 3 things about her. She's elderly, has tons of hogs on her property, hates them and the damage they are doing.

I recently loaned my log splitter to a friend who used to ranch by her. He reminded me of her while listening to some of my tales on this trip.

He doesn't know it yet, but once I get my pork smoked, me, him and a chunk of it are going to visit Ms. Cherry.

Don or Mikey can help me out here, but by my guess, we dropped about $800 between us w/ Toon. We have no regrets that I'm aware of, but free hunts would cover a lot of travel costs for y'all............
Last edited by awshucks on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.