Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

onebigskittle

Re: Ar/Ok 2012 Hog hunt

Post by onebigskittle »

Animals everywhere ..Gotta Love it !
diesel

Post by diesel »

Great pics and great stores Looks like a good time was had by all. Thanks for posting.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Everytime I read this thread another funny event has been added!! Sounds like you guys had a friggin' blast!! That smoked pork looks yummy to say the least!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Being math challenged i had to take my boots off 4 times during the day hunting to count up the hogs i saw. I knowed i saw at least 80 hogs, heck the 1st one i shot ran out 30 yds & died. I got down went over to look & had hogs all over me still coming along the ridge. They didn't run by seeing me move but when the wind blowed to them it was lots of shreaking n running :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Tom

Post by Tom »

Boo wrote: Image

Boo ...... why is it when you go down to visit Awshucks you take a picture of a bathroom (our first visit to the local boarder bar) or a toilet seat like above.

For all you that might remember my ribbin about shooting at targets near a propane tank, just look at that pic and remember that if you go down there, you better know how to shoot accurately. :lol: :lol: :lol:
awshucks wrote:
-Goats like Awshucks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
gotta tell this story. I was sitting in a ground blind that looked like a real short wooden out house, a wood pallet for a door, two window cut outs,..............

I actually had one big stinky sob try to jump in the shooting window of the blind I was in! Scared the bejeezus out of me, wasn't expecting it. Doubt it was expecting the jack slap it got on the nose, lol.
Dan now that is real funny. These stories are bringing me back to my trip down to your place. :D :D :D
Boo wrote:
awshucks wrote:
Boo wrote: Like when Awshucks went off-roading on his own driveway and had to get pulled out? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You promised you wouldn't tell......... :mrgreen:
LOL! Actually I said I didn`t take pictures!
Don was that anything like saying you would not tell anyone that Dan shot his ATV with your bow a few years ago. :lol: :lol:
vixenmaster wrote:Being math challenged i had to take my boots off 4 times during the day hunting to count up the hogs i saw .................... ......................... They didn't run by seeing me move but when the wind blowed to them it was lots of shreaking n running :lol:
Math challenged and they wonder how they always win the shooting contests. :lol: :lol: :lol: The scores always reach over 20 (they run out of fingers and toes) so where did they come up with their totals. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They run when they smelled ya ........ You eatten Dans Chilly again before you go hunting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly folks, it takes me back to the great times I had when I was down there. Maybe some day I might be able to make another trip, but until then, these stories will keep reminding me of the good times, great food I had when there.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

You were good company Tom. All of the xbow people to come thru here are, for some reason. I had a little thing going at one time w/ DJH for disabled xbowers to stay in guest house and try their luck on the bears for free. Been a few years now, but recall both groups did the laundry, cleaned, ect before leaving.

One more hunt story in more detail. I was considering taking my Y-25, and have some 1" standard Slicks that Planter had given me. I was trying to get the wobble out while Don was trying to get me to shoot one of my 3 standards on one of his arrows. I couldn't see how that would help me w/ project at hand, little did I know, lol.

As many may know by now, I'm fairly opinionated, more than a little bull-headed, and tend to really focus on projects at times. It was getting late on the 31st, and I wanted to see if the damn arrows I had would get me where I wanted to be.

He upset my apple cart for the second time w/ that fletch. The 1st was when I had a flemish he made, less strands/bundles, whatever, but it was thinner than FFF. It was shooting 2" higher at 20, ergo, it had to be faster. He said it wasn't, and after mucho arguing, I broke out the chrony. 1st case of red face, lol.

I'm still mulling over that fletch thing, but Don has the patience of a saint w/ me, and for that I thank him.
"Eze 18:21"