Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
agingcrossbower

Re: Silencing your Crossbow!

Post by agingcrossbower »

strum wrote:I would suggest One Shot Scott.
I saw his crossbow skills on u tube even had a custom trigger
OH Ay, that was something alright. :lol: :lol: :lol: Amazing what you can do with a dull AXE. :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

As you can see in this pic, all the latest noise eliminating products. These will give the best fer less :lol: Hey ppl don't worry be happy & as vixchix says go Naked! :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I will say welcome to the forum. And leave it to the rest to try and silence the crossbows.My Equinox has a Boo String, Custom Munch Mount, a NGSS, Custom set of GT Laser II's and it works for me.
Raymond
rich l

Post by rich l »

I added limbsavers to the limbs and monkey tails to the string. That really quieted the bow noise. The downside is I lost 12 FPS.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I say to each his/her own. :D I do stuff to mine to quieten it down, others do not. Does it make a difference, to me, yes. It can be argued til the cows come home as to whether or not it matters. The way I look at it, if eliminating some noise makes the shooter happy, then go for it!

You'll never have everyone agree on something (other than Boo being "vertically challenged" :mrgreen: ), so why worry about it. As long as the shooter is happy, that's all that matters. :wink: :D
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

What made a big difference for me was a Limbsaver Tentacle Wrap wrapped over the stirrup and heat shrink tubing on the arrow retainer. I have always had the STS vibration damper system on the bow (a generous gift from a member on this forum). I added a BowJax Super Maxjax Damper over each of the STS rubber stoppers.

Is my bow quiet, no, but it is certainly not as loud as it was!
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

mate those bowjax on your S5 should work great l have them on mine, huge diffrence
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

ELLIS wrote:What made a big difference for me was a Limbsaver Tentacle Wrap wrapped over the stirrup and heat shrink tubing on the arrow retainer. I have always had the STS vibration damper system on the bow (a generous gift from a member on this forum). I added a BowJax Super Maxjax Damper over each of the STS rubber stoppers.

Where did you pick up this tentacle wrap and bowjax damper??
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Been messin' with my bows since their inception. Tape, wrap, filling, string stoppers-before Excal even had them-32 to 40 strand strings, heavy arrows, etc only to realize that noise bothers me more than the deer. Now I focus on hunting silently and shooting at 'settled down' deer, knowing that no matter how silent I think my bow may be they still can hear the shot..the only one I'm likely to get.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Boo

Post by Boo »

One of the wonderful things about these bows is the ability to customize your bow to what you imagine. Don't let any posts make you think the bow is any less for making it quieter. It's your bow, do what you want. If you want help to do something to your bow, ask and you'll get answers. If you feel you are being goaded you are probably reading it wrong (I hope). I'm sure no one here will tell you what to do with your bow. You might get warnings if it's dangerous but I can't see anyone telling you that you are being stupid by lowering the noise signature of your bow!
Last edited by Boo on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

Bullzeye, couldn't find the wraps in Canada online. Local stores did not have them. Got them from Bowhunters International, Bowhunters Supply Store (Sims Tentacle Insulator Wrap, Black. (LS3407) = $14.99, Bowjax Stabilizer Dampeners 1"Dia., Black. (BJ1051BLK) = $19.98). Had them in less than a week using US mail.

Blackjack, I have had the Bowjax Stabilizer Dampeners on since August. Not sure it they made a difference in the sound or not.... Shoot 3D only, not a hunter. Have put a gazillion arrows through since putting them on. The Sims Tentacle Insulator Wrap and the heat shrink tubing made a noticeable difference instantly!

Cheers.
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
Buckwacker

Post by Buckwacker »

Thanks All,
Great Info!
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

Bullzeye wrote:
ELLIS wrote:What made a big difference for me was a Limbsaver Tentacle Wrap wrapped over the stirrup and heat shrink tubing on the arrow retainer. I have always had the STS vibration damper system on the bow (a generous gift from a member on this forum). I added a BowJax Super Maxjax Damper over each of the STS rubber stoppers.

Where did you pick up this tentacle wrap and bowjax damper??
I got mine on flea-bay.
God bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

i dont have the tenicals wrap but i got some surgical rubber from the hospital..it,s the rubber strips that,s put on your arm when gettin a blood sample :shock: i saw some and ask for one..they gave me a handful..wrapped one around the stirrup then coverd with black electrical tape..really took out the tuning fork effect..but other than excel string and S5 thats all i have
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16