GoPro camera mount? Done with Video

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Re: GoPro camera mount?

Post by Pydpiper »

Terry, I should get one of these sticky mounts in to your hands, I would really like to have a mount made up to clamp to a scope too. Better yet, one that will go from a 1" tube to a 30mm with a thumb screw.
Crossbow first though.
I have some ideas thanks to your video, I'll call tomorrow.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

For rifle I just take my tripod and mount camera on one side and the other side is my gun rest. Will take picture of it tomorrow and show you the combo rifle rest and camera mount
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

wheelie wrote:For rifle I just take my tripod and mount camera on one side and the other side is my gun rest. Will take picture of it tomorrow and show you the combo rifle rest and camera mount
I am usually "on the go" when I have a rifle, but I would like to see the picture, sounds like a good set up.
Do you have a mount for your bowfishing rig yet?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Still waiting for my aftermarket mount. Just use the stand on it till it arrives. Stand goes up over 6 feet high. Camo duct tape works wonders. Can mount spotting scope or anything where camera is.

Not my fishing bow. Want a mounted camera that stays relitivley still for making bowfishing movies. Going to mount a pole in the boat for it to sit on. Want to be able to take it off for underwater shots as well.
Last edited by wheelie on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

We will see how the cops react this summer when they come to arrest me again with a camera rolling the whole time! LOL I have some new towns to try.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Have you bought any extra batteries or other stuff for it yet Wheelie? The high resolution photos combined with a fairly short battery life will make for a bit more camera attention than I care for, but the videos clarity will make it all worth while.
I see next month they are making a wrist mounted remote control for to start/stop recording, that may help quite a bit with battery life.

Also, for outdoor stuff like on the boat or in a tree I would like to get a second housing and rig an external microphone to overcome the enclosed mic issue I have noticed and still maintain it's all weather design.
WMU 91
Boo string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Not yet. I wish money went further in this world. My camera won't be on the whole time anyways. Signed a contract and can't smoke when cameras are rolling. LOL
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

wheelie wrote:Not yet. I wish money went further in this world. My camera won't be on the whole time anyways. Signed a contract and can't smoke or drink when cameras are rolling. LOL
Good stuff! Who would want to drink while they were fishing anyways.. :shock:
WMU 91
Boo string
Trx480Ryan

Post by Trx480Ryan »

I have a contour HD Camera, Somewhat like the Go pro, but more sleek and compact, However they offer a picatiny mount that goes on the weaver rail real quick, which i bought, and i plan to add the tac pac to my bow so i can add the camera easily, and it would be a real quick on off type deal, this is it mounted on my 870.

Since i bought mine i see they added more mounts, but this is the options under the hunting and tactical set ups
http://contour.com/products/accessories

and an action shot, crappy one, i saved the better ones for a later video ill eventually put together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8WqjhnHjXw
2011 Excalibur Equinox With Quiver and Varizone
Remington 870 With Camera Mount
Ruger 10/22 With Scope and See through Mounts
2004 Trx450r with a little work.
1995 Ranger with a little work.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Nice Trx480Ryan. Thanks for the ideas. Does yours have wide vision? Thought of one of them but went with a Gopro because I figured someday mine will get knocked into the lake with all the confussion and fast action that happens on a boat. Got a Lid cam as well but for bowfishing you have to spin your head so fast and it is such a fast moving sport the video is to jumpy. You ever watched my buddy and I from shore you would think we were fighting out in the boat when we are on fish.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

How do these cams stand up to recoil when on a firearm??
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Bullzeye wrote:How do these cams stand up to recoil when on a firearm??
The GoPro is pretty much indestructible as far as cameras go. Youtube is loaded with videos of people trying though.
You will see this camera in lots of places where the camera needs to survive, often in situations where the camera survives but what its connected to doesn't.
Mythbusters always has a few running, I see survivorman has used them to replace his old gear too.
Even if you manage to wreck the case the camera is in you just have to replace an inexpensive housing, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Check out GoPros homepage and watch a video or two, it is very impressive. Youtube has some pretty good testimonials too, fun to watch!
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

TRXRyan, I looked at the Contour too, very nice camera! I needed mine for more than hunting, and for me the Gopro seemed to fit the bill.
The Contour looks great mounted to a gun, that is for sure.
WMU 91
Boo string
Trx480Ryan

Post by Trx480Ryan »

the coutour does has the wide angle you can get the one with 135 deg like mine or 170 as well, i mostly use mine as a helmet camera and hunt cam, i just put together a video from florida on the bikes we rented, if your interested i can make a new topic and post it as to not hijack this thread,

I may just look for a weaver rail i can sur up rather then getting the whole tac pack, i'll see tho. to mount mine to the cross bow, they are pretty easy cams to make up your own mounts,
2011 Excalibur Equinox With Quiver and Varizone
Remington 870 With Camera Mount
Ruger 10/22 With Scope and See through Mounts
2004 Trx450r with a little work.
1995 Ranger with a little work.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Post it here if you like. We are just shooting the breeze anyways.