Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Onetimeonly x-->

Re: GoPro camera mount?

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Every post on the forum is interesting! Got me thinking
about one. The Outdoor version is water resistant not
waterproof correct? I have an '88 Kawasaki Jet Ski- Stand
Up. Be great to get some footage on the hunting stand and
on the Jet Ski. Which version do you have to go with?
Well just figured it out just need to purchase a HD Housing
or the Head Strap. Now which version (package) Outdoor or
Surf?
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

The camera is the same, it is only the mounts and housing that change from package to package. I grabbed the hd hero helmet package and it has more than enough mounts and you can always add to them if you need more. Great value for the $ but i will keep my eye out for a hd hero 2 if one pops up.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Thanks bigredopie, you are correct they all
come with a waterproof housing! Can't read!!
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Mine came with two back doors, one is waterproof, the other one is "skeleton". The camera has writing on the back that says "for speeds greater than 100MPH use the waterproof back, for speeds less than 100MPH use the skeleton.
Oddly, of all my problems, doing 100MPH isn't one of them. That would be a pretty quick trip to the treestand.

The back door is exchangeable for a few things, like a larger battery, display screen, Wi-Fi module.. Stays waterproof for all of it.

Always liked this video, having the footage probably beat trying to tell the story.
I have no editing skills, nor a program to do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzdGrQnhDsk
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Looks like something that could be focused on the smartphone market. I have been looking at options to shoot video with my iPhone in a pinch if I didn't want to lug the camera and tripod around.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

DirtyGun wrote:Looks like something that could be focused on the smartphone market. I have been looking at options to shoot video with my iPhone in a pinch if I didn't want to lug the camera and tripod around.
They make a holder and an ap now for your iphone to be a bow sight. Everything you shoot is taped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f7hMESpPyg
Trx480Ryan

Post by Trx480Ryan »

Here's my latest video, all i used to edit it is windows movie maker, and its pretty simple, any way, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i1jgGVtwXQ
2011 Excalibur Equinox With Quiver and Varizone
Remington 870 With Camera Mount
Ruger 10/22 With Scope and See through Mounts
2004 Trx450r with a little work.
1995 Ranger with a little work.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Trx480Ryan wrote:Here's my latest video, all i used to edit it is windows movie maker, and its pretty simple, any way, here it is:

Video looks good. Takes a nice picture.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Trx480Ryan wrote:Here's my latest video, all i used to edit it is windows movie maker, and its pretty simple, any way, here it is:

Video looks good. Takes a nice picture.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Video looks great Ryan! I have been messing with movie maker for the last couple days, left me humbled..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Took a run at a mount this morning, I learned 2 things: 1. Tin is too thin for this application. 2. I am absolutely no tinsmith.
I have a template now though, so I will need to source a small aluminum plate to start again, probably 2, for when I wreck the first one.
I pulled a screw from my Groundpounder bracket and just slipped the plate in. I am sure that the extreme wide angle is going to pick up on part of my quiver, so my next one will arc towards the front of the bow.
When the remote control comes out I will just get a mount for the tree, the wife has a camo cover in the works already.

WMU 91
Boo string
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Pydpiper wrote: I am sure that the extreme wide angle is going to pick up on part of my quiver, so my next one will arc towards the front of the bow.
When it comes to archery footage, I actually like it when a bit of the bow or the arrow is visible in the shot. I've been following this thread with interest as I await 2 things:
1) A practical mounting bracket; and
2) Some company to come out with a more affordable "action cam". Right now the market seems to consist of expensive high end or cheap poor quality; nothing in between.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Interesting thread. We have been looking at various accessories that could utilize our new TAC-PAC system and a camera is a natural. As mentioned, Contour does have a nice little camera and do offer a picitinny rail adapter that would bolt right on to it. However, GoPro has the best reputation for durability and picture quality so it would be nice if they too offered a picitinny rail adapter to give everybody more options. Or make a homemade mount like some of you guys have already done.

Right now the contour camera is an easy bolt-on alternative.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Interesting thread. We have been looking at various accessories that could utilize our new TAC-PAC system and a camera is a natural. As mentioned, Contour does have a nice little camera and do offer a picitinny rail adapter that would bolt right on to it. However, GoPro has the best reputation for durability and picture quality so it would be nice if they too offered a picitinny rail adapter to give everybody more options. Or make a homemade mount like some of you guys have already done.

Right now the contour camera is an easy bolt-on alternative.
Considered the TacPac, but the positioning is poor when you have a sling mounted (for a camera), it gravitates the sling directly in front of the cameras FOV. The GoPro mounts effortlessly to the bottom of the rail with one of the adhesive quick release mounts. A cool feature of the Gopro is that when mounted upside down a simple push of a button digitally inverts the whole system.
Getting that camera in line with the rail while utilizing the basic accessories (quiver, sling) is proving to be a challenge.

WMU 91
Boo string
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Another thought, might be to add a swivel and a dove tail bracket to have the camera go in place of the side mount quiver bracket. This would allow quick removal of the camera, plus it allows the stirrup and sling to remain free of obstruction from any mounting. It will also allow for right or left side mounting too. A ball swivel isn't really needed, but it will allow some different camera viewing. I can post a sketch if anyone would like, to help understand what I mean.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting