GoPro camera mount? Done with Video

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Re: GoPro camera mount?

Post by Pydpiper »

taz3 wrote:Another thought, might be to add a swivel and a dove tail bracket to have the camera go in place of the side mount quiver bracket. This would allow quick removal of the camera, plus it allows the stirrup and sling to remain free of obstruction from any mounting. It will also allow for right or left side mounting too. A ball swivel isn't really needed, but it will allow some different camera viewing. I can post a sketch if anyone would like, to help understand what I mean.
Talk about not seeing the forest through the trees.. Brilliant idea! I am going to try to bend one of my existing brackets in the vice, stand a good chance of it snapping, but in either event it is a great starting point.
Thank you.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

That works, too easy... :D

Peter
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Here's a quick sketch to help comprehend the concept.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Beat the quiver bracket square with a fiberglass hammer, mounted a quick release, and voila!
I realized I have a stripped screw hole in my rail, so only one holding it in for now, easy fix and a project for later.
Went out and ran a few arrows through it, worked without flaw. The video has the quiver and arrowhead in clear view, happy with that too.

Bracket w/ quick release.

Camera mounted.

From the front.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Right on, that's pretty slick! :wink:

Glad that I can offer something back for all the help members offer me for my newbie questions! :oops: :D
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Pydpiper wrote:The video has the quiver and arrowhead in clear view, happy with that too.
Pyd,

If its not too much trouble, take a video and post it to give us an idea of what the view looks like.

I can't remeber if this has been talked about yet, but has anybody tried mounting a camera on top of their Groundpounder/Munch mount in place of their quiver (considering many people remove their quivers anyway at their hunting location)?
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
taz3

Post by taz3 »

With the addition of the quiver mount slider on the camera, it would allow the camera to mount anywhere a quiver will, which will allow for some real good versatility. :)
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I will try to post a video when I get back home, went to the local pub to celebrate my accomplishments.
I have a hard time uploading because of my country internet, but I will certainly try.
The sound of the arrow leaving the bow is awesome, the "twang" is very dominant. I figured out how to use the 120 frame per second mode, you can watch the arrow travel from riser to target, clear enough that you can count the revolutions of the arrow in flight all the way to the target at 30 yards.
I would like to fix the stripped screw before I post anything.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Ended up riveting on the bracket, sitting rock solid now.
This is the view from "medium" wide angle, one smaller than widest. A hint of the quiver, and a great view down field. Through the scope all I could see was the motion sensor just above the light.

WMU 91
Boo string
Normous

Post by Normous »

Wonder how my car would look in that driveway of yours....ahh, never mind.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Great ideas in this thread.....brain storming at its BEST!
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Very impressed Piper, and I don't impress easy. LOL I am going to do the same. Good job!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

wheelie wrote:Very impressed Piper, and I don't impress easy. LOL I am going to do the same. Good job!
It did turn out very well! However, it was Taz's idea, I just changed it a bit.
Some ideas before you start though.. pad the vice before you start to bend, as you can see by mine I left some teeth marks behind. I will use an industrial chunk of leather next time, the cloth I used did little to protect the surface. Also, as that bracket starts to bend (and it takes a LOT of effort) it wanted to bend on an angle, keep that in mind.
I have another bracket, going to do a second one and use more caution so it looks a little nicer, I rushed this one, and it shows.

I'll run a couple different videos from a couple different settings later today.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

enormous wrote:Wonder how my car would look in that driveway of yours....ahh, never mind.
Lots of pictures of your car in my driveway Norm!
Be cool to mount this camera (suction cup mount) to the side of the car by the rear wheel, and tear it up. Tried it on my service vehicle, didn't have the same effect, wife's mini van wasn't exactly "edge of your seat" material either.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I managed to upload a video. I had to do it in very poor setting to keep the file small, so my internet would actually upload it. I did one in 1080P as well, perfect video, but huge file.
I wanted to delete the sound off the slow motion part, but I simply do not know how.
This is 30 yards in my backyard, camera in lowest resolution, not wide angle.
Hope this works:

http://youtu.be/H0bHG5PMqY4

[youtube]H0bHG5PMqY4[/youtube]
Last edited by Pydpiper on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
WMU 91
Boo string