Cranking aid question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

georgiaboy

Cranking aid question

Post by georgiaboy »

Is the cranking aid worth the trouble or is it a pain in the a** to use? :?
I have a torn ligament in my left wrist and even using the cocking rope on my vixen is starting to get really rough...the doc say's surgery but i'm to busy at work right now to do it, hopefully before hunting season.
Can it be used with the cheek piece on? Hope so cause i really don't want to remove them. :(
Any feedback would be appreciated!! :D
Jimmy
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Meat Hunter

Re: Cranking aid question

Post by Meat Hunter »

Georgiaboy,

If you can use the rope cocker; then the cranking aid is not worth it.

If you cannot use the rope cocker, then the cranking aid is worth it.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

The c2 crank can be used with the cheek piece on and the crank a roo can be used with the cheek piece but you have to cut the corner of the cheek piece to make a crank a roo work none will work with a Relayer x bow.
I use a crank with my Equinox and after a few shot learning curve find it very easy to use and i love it. I can cock the bow in about 30 seconds with it not much longer than the rope cocker and the effort is so easy my 12 year old daughter can do it .
The crank is a great tool that saves a lot of strain on your back i highly recommend it also great for long shooting sessions.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Glad you started this thread as I had some questions on it also. For hunting I am pretty sure I can manage(I hope) without the crank, but to shoot one arrow after another practicing I know I cannot due to spine issues I have.

What is the difference between the older Crankaroo and the new C2 ??? I do not have the money for one of these, they are pretty pricey, but once in a while I see the older model for sale by someone and figure it might be worth getting at a used price.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

The difference between the older crank and new one is the length of the crank body . The original was meant to go over the cheek area of the stock . But the cheekpiece addition got in the way so the newer ones are shorter to facilitate the cheekpiece .
The nice thing about the crank is if for instance if you get alittle tired you can stop halfway through cocking and rest . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

its definitely worth having especially if you hunt from a treestand, less conducive to having an accident either cocking it on ground ,or trying to use string cocker in tree stand, also nice to de cock bow, and as mentioned if you want to shoot all day will save you some muscle tension, i also i think you get a moe uniform and consistent set
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

So if you do not have the cheek piece the older one will work just as well as the new one, and save you some coin. I guess I will have to try a cheek piece first to see if I like it before investing in a crank.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I remembering seeing Bill's video and him making comment about uncocking with them, can be dangerous if you loose your grip on the handle, something to keep in mind. It maybe safe to fire an arrow rather then unwinding with the crank unit.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

it can be if your not experienced , i have it down to a t , but yes you must have good grip in the handle when uncocking
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I use a crankaroo every time I target shoot with my Vortex and Equinox. Both have cheekpieces on and it doesn't get in the way. It must be one of the newer cranks. I am 34 and don't have a bad back, nor do I want one. They are well worth the money.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
the elf

Post by the elf »

Somewhere I have seen a written blurb or a video telling/showing how to cock a crossbow and uncock easily using only 1 hand to do either.I think it was Bill T. that was doing the demo.But it was with the cocking rope---not crankeroo.
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

yeah you can use cocking string , but if you know how to do it you can use crankaroo, either way to be cautious is to be smart
the elf

Post by the elf »

Sure you can use the crankeroo---just let it down one tooth at a time on the ratchet. It is slow this way--- but If you let it unwind in non ratchet state you are just asking for trouble in a big way.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Its too bad they are so costly, at $200 with tax there in none in my future. Maybe if I start dropping hints now my daughters could get me one for my B-Day in the summer :lol:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
chopfather

Post by chopfather »

I saw a few on ebay for around $130 with free shipping but I've never dealt with the sellers so I can't say if they are good to deal with. Just search crossbow crank and you should find several for under $200.
Member of the P.A.D. Club
Excalibur Ibex
Hawke SR Scope
Wyvern quiver mount
S5's and Dis Bars
Custom Thumbhole Vixen