Date for Injection

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Date for Injection

Post by Raymond »

Hey folks,
I have the date for my spinal epidural injection finally, it is on March 10th. I have been told it hurts like heck. But it will give me a better quality of life than I have been having because of the back pain. They told me that my body will let me know when I need the next injection. They said it will be between 1 month and 3 months before I need the next injection. I cannot wait, I am tired of all the pain and not being able to do what I can. Without a full dose of pain meds I cannot even walk at times. The pain is overtaking my life right now but I am on countdown. I thought I was in a mess. But like I have always said there is always someone worse off than myself. A family friend is in the hospital with their son. He crashed his four wheeler and flipped the bike, had a helmet on but it was not fastened but it did save his life. He is just now beginning his struggle to become himself again. It was touch and go for awhile though. He was in a coma for almost 3 weeks and after a few surgeries on his head he is on the mend. He has a long way to go yet but at least he is alive. His two young sons brought him out of the coma. He was not coming out of it for no one else, the second he heard their voices his eyes opened. What a great day it is. Prayer and thoughts for him would be great.
Thanks,
Raymond
Mark Rainbolt

Re: Date for Injection

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

We are praying for you also Raymond. And will pray for the young man and his family.
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Hold on there Raymond. You'll get there. :D
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I had one a couple of years ago. Didn't hurt a bit. It helped a lot too.

I only needed one to fix the issue I had. However, I was told that a lot of people had to get more than one.

I hope you get the relief you seek on the first try.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Good luck to you my friend...hope it works for you.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

i had it done too raymond mine worked along time..it didnt hurt but you will feel or maybe its hear the crunching noise the needle makes as it goes thru your spinal membrane...thats kinda wierd....but its a breeze bud..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Normous

Post by Normous »

We wish you both well.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Im sure relief cant come quick enough, I hope it all goes well for ya raymond.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I have had a few and they are a breeze. Make sure you take it easy for a few days after to let the medicine kick in properly and I think you will be amazed at the difference it makes.

We will keep you and youu friends in our prayers.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Prayers and thoughts are with you Raymond ...I always said there is alot of people that would take our place in a second if they could ...that keeps me going on bad days
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Praying for you and your friend. It's not the least I can do...it's the most. Prayers too that the doc is as accurate as an Excal with that tiny arrow. :)
God Bless

Keith
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

may The Lord bless you Raymond and your friend
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Thanks everyone, now that I have heard from a bunch of you folks who have had the epidural injections before and have said it is no problem I am glad. I was a little worried because one of my brother-in-laws said that he would never ever let anybody try that on him again. Now I am really looking forward to having it done. The doctors told me that I would need it done between 1 month to 3 months, I hope I only need it once. They also told me that I will never be able to go back to work again, ha, maybe I will fool them, I am going to keep my fingers crossed and pray. I really want to go back to work, this sucks having to be on CPP Disability. I had one guy look at me the other day and tell me, You are so lucky to be on CPP Dis ability, you don't have to worry about working anymore or money, you are set for the rest of your life". I looked at him and said, "Are you crazy or what". I would give everything I own, my house and all, just to have a good back. I could go back to my job and make that all that back and more with it. So much fun being on CPP, I can't help it sometimes but to think about the lazy no good people who just like to scrape by and do nothing, what a life. Sorry for going off and I hope I didn't offend anyone, but that is the way I feel.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good news Raymond. I hope the 10th gets here quickly and that this will help to ease your pain. Good luck my friend. :)

All the best to you. Jim
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

Raymond

Hang in there and things will get better.

Remember that one’s person ability to endure pain will differ greatly from one to another.

As for going back to work - you may not be able to go back to work in a physically demanding job such as a fisherman, lumberjack, fireman or something that demands hard strenuous physical effort, but it doesn’t mean that you cannot re-toll and re-train yourself in a trade that will demand skills better adapted to your future (and improving) physical capabilities. Perhaps an indoor employment would be better suited to you, be it clerical, administrative, technical support in a business close to you, perhaps in the same field as before. It take a whole spectrum of skills and assets for a successful business to work, so I wouldn't give up right away!
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP