Delta + McKenzie Targets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

Delta + McKenzie Targets

Post by Bullzeye »

So I have been having a tough time finding targets locally. Seems when ever I am sold on one certain brand of target to buy, no one around here sells them. I found a place about 30min away who sells Delta and McKenzie targets. Are these any good?? McKenzie has one called "crossbow" for $87, and Delta have a few different "speed Bag" models ranging in price from $46 - $69

The McKenzies are more expensive, but I think they are much lighter which would be a plus for me since I cannot shoot at home and must bring the target with me, and I think you can shot them with broadheads.

Any opinions on these ????
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
vixenmaster

Re: Delta + McKenzie Targets

Post by vixenmaster »

Are they layered ? Foam blocks ? Neither is a good target fer field pts or BH's. Bag targets or Spyderweb are very good fer field pts. Rhinehart 18-1 fer BH's
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Well the Delta is a bag target which I understand is pretty heavy and I have no idea what its stuffed with

and the McKenzie is a layered foam target

No one in Quebec sells Rinehart, and the cost of shipping one is just too much, and I believe I can get a spiderweb, but are pretty pricey.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

All bag targets will be heavy, spyderweb targets are the best fer field pts. They do cost abit, i have taken 3-D animals targets & shot my BH's into them fer yrs. Replace the vital sections as they wear. I have gotten used sections of 3-D animals from 3-D shoots real cheap fer shooting BH's.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Gewehrhund

Post by Gewehrhund »

Don't buy the orange Mckenzie! My vortex buries 370 grain bolts up to the fletch and with 430 grain bolts you don't get a pass through but close enough to ruin your fletchings!!! It's brand new also...
2011 Vortex w/S5
Fire Bolts w/rage 100 gn for deer
Fire Bolts w/bolt cutters for everything else
.338 Ruger compact mag
Nikon Pro Staff LRF
Excal FFF string
taz3

Post by taz3 »

There are some good write ups at Bass Pro with the Mackenzie Shot blocker with broadheads and crossbow use.

Here's the link.
http://www.basspro.com/McKenzie-ShotBlo ... 5174/81769
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Gewehrhund

Post by Gewehrhund »

My 58# Black Widow almost shoots through the Mckenzie. I have to put one of those OLD super hard foam targets in front of it or my vortex shoots through it !!
2011 Vortex w/S5
Fire Bolts w/rage 100 gn for deer
Fire Bolts w/bolt cutters for everything else
.338 Ruger compact mag
Nikon Pro Staff LRF
Excal FFF string
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Gewehrhund wrote:Don't buy the orange Mckenzie! My vortex buries 370 grain bolts up to the fletch and with 430 grain bolts you don't get a pass through but close enough to ruin your fletchings!!! It's brand new also...

Not good to hear as I was leaning towards this one since as was already said there have been good reviews on it and I have an Exocet 200 which I believe has the same fps as your Vortex. Now I will be using Firebolts which I think are lighter than what you are using, does this change how far the bolts go into the target by very much ??
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Bullzeye wrote:Well the Delta is a bag target which I understand is pretty heavy and I have no idea what its stuffed with

and the McKenzie is a layered foam target

No one in Quebec sells Rinehart, and the cost of shipping one is just too much, and I believe I can get a spiderweb, but are pretty pricey.
I have the orange McKenzie and didn't even get a full fall out of it. Even shooting into the narrow ends that say "400 fps" I bury the arrow past the fletchings. Piece of junk. Just bought a rinehart 18:1 to replace it. Form what I can tell so far that will last me a Looooooooong time. I shoot FPs at a Morrell yellow jacket FP target. a bag target and takes tons of punishment.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Glad I asked you all first before rushing out and buying one.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone