Excel string with 0.035" Angel Majesty Test

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

denisdendenis

Re: Excel string with 0.035" Angel Majesty Test

Post by denisdendenis »

looking very good .is there someone using a equinox , my equinox eat serving afther 20 shoots . Boo will the excell string come with that type 0.035 angel majesty serving or it need to be custom made...where can i buy one
Denis
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

The rain held off enough for me to get another round in.
I failed to mention it earlier.....2011 Vortex (200 lbs). Arrows vary from 395 grains to 535 grains.
Added 10 turns to the string to bring the brace height back up to within 2 widths of the top mark. It held steady through shots 76 - 150, and stayed where I put it this time as well (shots 151 - 225). This spun the serving around a bit so a new area is wearing on the rail now.

Serving wear is minimal. No separation visible.
I have been waxing the string and serving after every 25 shots.
Here are the latest pics. Sorry for the quality on the 225 ones - didn't notice until after I waxed it.

175 shots

200 Shots

225 Shots - back of string

225 Shots - front of string
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Post by Boo »

denisdendenis wrote:looking very good .is there someone using a equinox , my equinox eat serving afther 20 shoots . Boo will the excell string come with that type 0.035 angel majesty serving or it need to be custom made...where can i buy one
Denis
Keith will be sending his string to Danny Miller for evaluation.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
strum

Post by strum »

that serving is realy hanging in there..im impressed..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
roly

Post by roly »

Got a chance to get some shooting in today.
Got 30 shots off in 2.5 hours

I was helping a friend sight in his new Exomax
who also was shooting a test string

We put 5 twists in each string to start. my Equinox
was about .5in over my normal 1in brace height.
At shot 18 it was at my 1in mark and stayed there for the remaining 12 shots
The Max we adjusted twice to keep it off his S5 bumpers.

There was no wear what so ever on either serving, it's only 30 shots but normally my e-nox would have some wear marks and a bit of fraying starting to show

I will post pic's when I get more shots on
Boo

Post by Boo »

roly wrote:Got a chance to get some shooting in today.
Got 30 shots off in 2.5 hours

I was helping a friend sight in his new Exomax
who also was shooting a test string

We put 5 twists in each string to start. my Equinox
was about .5in over my normal 1in brace height.
At shot 18 it was at my 1in mark and stayed there for the remaining 12 shots
The Max we adjusted twice to keep it off his S5 bumpers.

There was no wear what so ever on either serving, it's only 30 shots but normally my e-nox would have some wear marks and a bit of fraying starting to show

I will post pic's when I get more shots on
Thanks Rick, I'm really happy that you're joining in!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

It will be interesting to see the difference between the 200lb bows and the 225lb-ers. PSI between string and latches on 200 lb bow = 6400psi. (assume latch = 1/8" width, and string = 1/8" width. That equals two 1/8 sq in areas holding back 200lbs. In 1 sq in there are 64, 1/8 squares. Then 200/(2/64ths) = 6400 lb/sq in) On the 225lb bows it is 7200 psi.
I hear Excal is working on a faster recurve bow than the 225lb bows. Can't imagine what that would be like - but making a string for it will be a biotch.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Post by Boo »

nchunterkw wrote:It will be interesting to see the difference between the 200lb bows and the 225lb-ers. PSI between string and latches on 200 lb bow = 6400psi. (assume latch = 1/8" width, and string = 1/8" width. That equals two 1/8 sq in areas holding back 200lbs. In 1 sq in there are 64, 1/8 squares. Then 200/(2/64ths) = 6400 lb/sq in) On the 225lb bows it is 7200 psi.
I hear Excal is working on a faster recurve bow than the 225lb bows. Can't imagine what that would be like - but making a string for it will be a biotch.
Believe or not Keith there's no issue with strings. The issues will be with the limbs and maybe the serving.
If they do bring a faster bow out I'm getting it! :mrgreen:
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Boo...right. I meant making a serving that will hold up to the higher pressure. Judging from the bows they already make the curve looks pretty linear to me. 25lb in draw weight = 20 fps, and all that is achieved with draw length. Assume they could get to a 250 lb draw weight. Should put it in the 370 fps range with a 350 gr bolt. (Do we know what weight arrow other manufacturers use to get their max speed?) That means the serving needs to withstand 8000 psi.
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Post by Boo »

nchunterkw wrote:Boo...right. I meant making a serving that will hold up to the higher pressure. Judging from the bows they already make the curve looks pretty linear to me. 25lb in draw weight = 20 fps, and all that is achieved with draw length. Assume they could get to a 250 lb draw weight. Should put it in the 370 fps range with a 350 gr bolt. (Do we know what weight arrow other manufacturers use to get their max speed?) That means the serving needs to withstand 8000 psi.
Most recurve manufacturers use 350 as a minimum.
I'm betting making a string that works is not a problem but the longevity of the string itself will be shorter.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Boo wrote:
nchunterkw wrote:Boo...right. I meant making a serving that will hold up to the higher pressure. Judging from the bows they already make the curve looks pretty linear to me. 25lb in draw weight = 20 fps, and all that is achieved with draw length. Assume they could get to a 250 lb draw weight. Should put it in the 370 fps range with a 350 gr bolt. (Do we know what weight arrow other manufacturers use to get their max speed?) That means the serving needs to withstand 8000 psi.
I'm betting making a string that works is not a problem but the longevity of the string itself will be shorter.

That string will be like ammo, either reload it or buy new, wheres this new bow, hurry hurry hurry

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Boo

Post by Boo »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:
Boo wrote:

That string will be like ammo, either reload it or buy new, wheres this new bow, hurry hurry hurry

Wes
What new bow?
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Finished the first 75 shots last night.
Found I don't need a better camera just better use of my remaining brain matter.

Used a tripod to steady the camera, increased pic size in the original and then used software to enhance and crop for easier posting.

AFTER 75 SHOTS

Next report hopefully tonight after another 75.
If I spot wear in a particular area I will try to magnify the image.
I will be waxing the string after every 75 shots.
After I get to 150 shots I will take images after every 50 shots.
Till then.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
strum

Post by strum »

got the string in today. first thing ill say is i like the diam.
it just fits the arrow well IMHO
here it is on the bow no shots siting just above the highest brace line

got 50 in . serving still looks good. normal dents but no fraying or seperation. i did creep to about 1/8 bellow the high line. so far its staying put..ill wax it and try to get 50 more in tomorrow.( this pic is with me rolling the string so it shows the latch side)
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Finished up my 300th shot tonight. String is off the bow and I will send to Danny probably Wed. I want to get 300 shots on his "waxless" string as well so he can compare. Need to shoot it 58 times tomorrow.

Angel Majesty serving looks good. Normal wear, 1 small fraying thread. It held up better than the end loops. Pics below. I think it would be good on the loops as well.

250 Shots

275 Shots

300 Shots #1

300 Shots #2

300 Shots #3 - small fraying

300 Shots - End loops

Some of my various fletching efforts - they held up well too! Morrell target is hanging in as well.
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><