Excel string with 0.035" Angel Majesty Test

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: Excel string with 0.035" Angel Majesty Test

Post by vixenmaster »

Boo wrote:
flightattendant100 wrote:
Boo wrote:Well it's not really top secret. I just don't have it yet. But top secret sounds better doesn't it? :mrgreen:
Is this like "double secret probation"?
It's BXXwXXXXX FXSXXXG LXXE. It probably won't work 't but hey, if we don' try something nothing gets improved, right?
I am so :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: its so secret it has fake #'s
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I'll test another one if need be. Heck, 200 shots will be a piece of cake after doing 750. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

My test string after the 300 shots is in the return mail to Boo.
I found that serving material quite satisfactory.
The thicker serving provided better nock and serving alignment.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
strum

Post by strum »

I never said anythin about accuracy but i was able to consitantly shoot 5 bulls eyes(3") in a row freehand 30yds.
i called it my 5 hat trick :lol: :lol:
most of the test i wasnt realy aiming just speed shootin but when i took my time and got a good stance i could achive the 5 hat ..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Boo

Post by Boo »

Danny and I have been going back and forth over this and we aren't quite finished. We have come to the conclusion that the string material is easily compromised when finishing the serving because 0.035" Majesty is thick and rough/coarse. The fix is to lube the tag end of the serving before pulling it through to finish the serving off.
But we've agreed that 0.026" Angel Majesty is likely the best thing you all can use on subsequent servings. Serving separation exist mostly on new strings because us string makers are serving over string material soaked with wax. When you are serving a string a second time the excess wax is gone so separation problems should not be a big deal.
I think for re-serving either 0.026" Angel or just plain crossbow serving (aka kite cord) is the best for those that re-serve their strings.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Boo,
If you and Danny need more strings tested, just let me know.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Post by Boo »

I have to thank and congratulate all of you guys who participated in this test. It was so successful that it looks like 0.035" Angel Majesty will be eventually be used for the Excel strings! Danny is pleased and thankful to all you guys for helping him! Excalibur just got a little better with your help!
Now if we can only get him to Boofest! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Boo on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

nchunterkw wrote:Boo,
Keith, I thought that was a foregone conclusion with you and Danny. No question with me Keith, I will keep you in mind.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I spect if'en i ever get to test strings i would have to get one of the big pounders. So bearing that thought in mind in hind sight i will let the others whom like muscling up those beasts continue their grueling testing :lol: Which makes my post useless cept fer my count :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

vixenmaster wrote:I spect if'en i ever get to test strings i would have to get one of the big pounders. So bearing that thought in mind in hind sight i will let the others whom like muscling up those beasts continue their grueling testing :lol: Which makes my post useless cept fer my count :lol:
Hey vix, must be a slow day, huh? :shock: :lol: :lol:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Boo wrote:
nchunterkw wrote:Boo,
Keith, I thought that was a foregone conclusion with you and Danny. No question with me Keith, I will keep you in mind.

Yeah,....I have another of is "no wax" strings to shoot right now. They seem fine as well.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Recieved two strings from Danny today.What are the specific instructions? 200 shots each? wax? wasnt a note or anything in pkg.Thanks
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Talked to Danny Miller just now on the phone.He said to mount the strings up and "have a go at 'em". No specific number of shots,but see how they fair and let him know."At our leisure " was mentioned,said we had shot enough to know how these were doing. He said NO WAX on center serving,do what you want on rest of string. And he doesnt need the strings back when you are done.Black is .035 angel majesty served on a machine, Grey is .026 angel majesty served on a machine,unless I got confused during the conversation.Hope this helps.
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:Black is .035 angel majesty served on a machine, Grey is .026 angel majesty served on a machine,unless I got confused during the conversation.Hope this helps.
You got it right Paul.
Dash

Post by Dash »

[quote="Boo"]Danny and I have been going back and forth over this and we aren't quite finished. We have come to the conclusion that the string material is easily compromised when finishing the serving because 0.035" Majesty is thick and rough/coarse. The fix is to lube the tag end of the serving before pulling it through to finish the serving off.

I found the same Boo. Its easy to break at this point compared to brownell or BCY and needs a bit more care to finish. But as far as wear goes its seems like great stuff.