Re: Excel string with 0.035" Angel Majesty Test

Post by roly »

Getting to do the string testing was a lot
of fun and very interesting

One thing I did during the testing was to cock my bow
with the ropecocker hooks facing up.
I've always loaded my bow with the hooks down and
having them up felt very awkward
Didn't take long to start liking the hooks up and now I continue to load with hooks up.
To me it felt like the hooks pulled into the rail more and didn't want to roll over the rail. JMO
Boo

Post by Boo »

roly wrote:Getting to do the string testing was a lot
of fun and very interesting

One thing I did during the testing was to cock my bow
with the ropecocker hooks facing up.
I've always loaded my bow with the hooks down and
having them up felt very awkward
Didn't take long to start liking the hooks up and now I continue to load with hooks up.
To me it felt like the hooks pulled into the rail more and didn't want to roll over the rail. JMO
Good post Rick! I use the rope cocker hooks up as well. I once de-cocked in the barn (there wasn't a whole lot of light at that time) and one hook wasn't quite in. Well all hell broke loose when I pulled the trigger. Now that I engage the string hooks up I can see if the string is in the hook properly or not.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Boo wrote: I use the rope cocker hooks up as well. I once de-cocked in the barn (there wasn't a whole lot of light at that time) and one hook wasn't quite in. Well all hell broke loose when I pulled the trigger. Now that I engage the string hooks up I can see if the string is in the hook properly or not.
I've never tried unloading a bow that way.
That has to be hard on servings.

When loading I don't have an issue with the aid being up or down. I use about 2" of preload so there is no doubt as to whether the hooks are fully engaged.

For a better view you could paint the hooks white.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I've always done my rope cocker "hooks up" but for no reason. I am a major creature of habit, so to make sure hooks are up,it makes them right and left handed also.I have thought about painting one a different color so as to know which hand it was with out first getting it wrong. I have not done it yet but have been thinking of it.(hey,its turkey season here!)
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

flightattendant100 wrote:I've always done my rope cocker "hooks up" but for no reason. I am a major creature of habit, so to make sure hooks are up,it makes them right and left handed also.I have thought about painting one a different color so as to know which hand it was with out first getting it wrong. I have not done it yet but have been thinking of it.(hey,its turkey season here!)
The rope cocker that I have has an Excalibur symbol on one handle only and I use that as my guide.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Ont_Excal wrote:
flightattendant100 wrote:I've always done my rope cocker "hooks up" but for no reason. I am a major creature of habit, so to make sure hooks are up,it makes them right and left handed also.I have thought about painting one a different color so as to know which hand it was with out first getting it wrong. I have not done it yet but have been thinking of it.(hey,its turkey season here!)
The rope cocker that I have has an Excalibur symbol on one handle only and I use that as my guide.
No kiddin". Maybe I should just wake up! Thanks Ont Excal
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Don't worry, I didn't catch that at first glance either! :roll: :lol: