weather extremes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

weather extremes

Post by wabi »

Seems like you never know what it will be tomorrow at this time of year. :roll:

Friday evening the thunderstorms/tornadoes rolled through. 3 confirmed tornadoes in my home county, one was close (the little one - rated E0) but fortunately missed us. I did have to do some emergency roof repair as soon as it passed. A few loose shingles, but I got them secured before they managed to blow completely off.

Saturday wasn't too bad. Windy, but warm enough to fish a little. :D
Didn't catch much (couple bluegills) since most of the creeks were too high to fish and ponds/lakes were muddy, but I did get out!

Sunday morning I looked out the spam window and saw snow flurries! :shock:

Went straight to the freezer and pulled out some survival rations! (backstraps from the buck I killed last fall)
Threw them in the cast iron pan, browned them, and added some golden mushroom soup to simmer.
I'm glad to report we did survive the bad weather with no ill effects. :lol:

Got up this morning and looked out at white scenery! :shock:

Now the forecast is saying in the 50s (F) tomorrow and 60s Wednesday.

"If you don't like the weather today just wait 'till tomorrow." - seems to be holding true. :lol:
wabi
j.krug

Re: weather extremes

Post by j.krug »

That's crazy!! Good thing you got plenty of survival rations! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Pretty much the same thing around here. Had 4 tornados go through the area of southern Indiana and KY. An EF2 & EF4 tore the crap out of southern IN. Had an EF0 & EF2 go through KY just south of me a piece. The last I heard, between the 4 tornados, they were saying something like 33-34 dead. :( That was Friday. Saturday and Sunday were windy. Got up this morning to about 3" of snow. :roll: Supposed to be up into the 60's the next couple of days. :roll:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
masboy

Post by masboy »

been in the fourtys here for the high mostly but the winds have blowing 20-30 mph most days after about lunch time. been going fishing early in the morning most days and a cold ride across the river too the warm water discharge but once there out of the wind not too bad.waters about 58 degrees there and fish and bait are jumping everyware .been getting walleye everyday and some nice ones .can,t wait till it warms a little too do some night fishing the flats a few days before the full moon and a few days after when they seem too be on the prowl at night.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Wabi,
I lived near Columbus for 17 years - I totally get what your talking about!! Heck, sometimes you couls get all that weather in 1 day there!
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><