Here we go again!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Athena1

Re: Here we go again!

Post by Athena1 »

agingcrossbower wrote:Does'nt the Dealer have a range you could shoot on there instead of making all those trips? Now that would certainly help. Any, and I mean any crossbow can go out of sink. I am betting a loose scope. Are the limbs the sam tillage. You can see that by looking down from above and seeing if the string is at a 90degree from the rail. If your so fast to find fault with a recurve, wait till you get a compound crossbow. Much more can go wrong. Good Luck and try to stay calm.

None
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

Boo wrote:If it was me I'd ask the dealer to exchange it with another Equinox that shoots like it should and does not have a safety that does what yours does. Why should you do all that work?

I really don't know, But I sent the whole thing back.
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

enormous wrote:An exchange at this point sound reasonable. There is still plenty of time before hunting season to get this sorted out to your satisfaction. I understand your frustration but on the other hand, some additional patience will pay dividends. Have you called Danny Miller? If not I suggest a call on monday.

I asked about an exchange and they want to send the bow back first. Well I don't really care for that answer. I called Excalibur and honestly they didn't seem too concerned about what was going on. I think I should have a no questions asked exchange, IMO.
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

awshucks wrote:Have a little [more] patience, it's the scope not the bow. Excal had a similar problem a year or two back w/ the Lumi-zone. That mess was a little less frustrating, the reticles rotated, so one knew at a glance what was up. I had one of the trouble free ones and traded it for my favorite, a V-zone and some boot.

Hang in there, it will work out.

Edit: Where are you located? If in the USA, skip the store and deal w/ Danny Miller. Get some boot for the trade on the scopes.

Patience you say? What? I have had more than enough patience. I don't care if it is the scope or the bow, Excalibur is still selling it to me. If they want to make a god bow and put a junky scope on it I guess there will be these problems and I for one will not deal with them anymore, I sure don't need the headache of all of this right now. I spent over 800 dollars on all of this. I expected a hell of a lot more than this. By the way I did have patience after the first scope was put on, but now this is the second scope, nope sorry don't have any more. Should have been offered a new bow and scope.
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

Gewehrhund wrote:It's got to be your scope. If you are certain everything else is tight and you are cocking the same way every time it has got to be your scope or mounts! These bows are so simple that the only thing left that could be the scope. Post a couple of pictures of you limbs from the top down, maybe someone here who knows what they are looking at can tell you if something doesn't look right. By the way I love plain Jane!!

Well the tiller was a bit off too. As far as making sure everything is tight. As soon as I got this bow home I took red finger nail polish and marked every screw on the bow to make sure if I start have problems that none on the screws were backing out on me.
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

Gewehrhund wrote:It's got to be your scope. If you are certain everything else is tight and you are cocking the same way every time it has got to be your scope or mounts! These bows are so simple that the only thing left that could be the scope. Post a couple of pictures of you limbs from the top down, maybe someone here who knows what they are looking at can tell you if something doesn't look right. By the way I love plain Jane!!

Well the tiller was a bit off too. As far as making sure everything is tight. As soon as I got this bow home I took red finger nail polish and marked every screw on the bow to make sure if I start have problems that none on the screws were backing out on me.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Who is "we" refering to in wehateliberials in your email address at gmail?
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

awshucks wrote:
hankenhunter wrote:I agree with a full exchange. The varizone has been a trouble free scope for me since the day I bought it. I' don't baby my bow and expect it to be as tough as Bill.T says they are. Don't give up just yet. Ask for a new bow with a varizone mounted. I think it should be a straight trade for the aggravation you've suffered. JMO,
Hank
Different point of view. 1st off we need to know where this guy is. Danny was open today, so if he's in the USA, a simple phone call would have had him a new scope probably by Tues.

If it's just a scope prob as it appears, why send a perfectly good xbow back? That will just go to Danny, [or factory] get checked, re-packaged and sent back out.

He's got it Loc-tited and well on the way to breaking the string in.

I would NEVER accept a lesser cost scope 'even up' just to solve a problem on Excals end.

Sooooo........"Where's Waldo???" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This would be the second scope that was put on it. Well sell a bow this good and put junk on the told with the Excalibur name on it?? Well I am being told that the Shadow scope is having problems like this so that want me to drop down to the varizone!
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

CanuckBen wrote:As pretty much everyone else said, it sure seems like it's the scope (I do have an idea, but that's for later).

Quick question - When it started grouping at 4" @ 20yards, was it in the same practice session as when it was working fine? Or was it on a different day? I ask this as it could be a possibility that the scope was bumped slightly enough (and it not be tight enough), giving you the results you're seeing - not implying that you dropped it or anything though, just sayin'.

If it happend in the same shooting session, than you know for SURE that something mechanical went wrong and your scope as taken a dive in the deep end, again.

Ah yes, my other idea that I mentionned above.

I remember that you dry fired the bow when you got it last week. Did you put a new string on? Are your limbs perfectly aligned? It is a reallllllllly remote possibility, but perhaps the dry-fire caused something else to go wrong and it took a few shoots with it to show itself.

I highly doubt it would be that, but you'll know for sure once you get a new scope or you exchange your Equinox at the store.

Good luck!

No when I first got it, it never grouped. Then we changed shadow scopes and it was right on. The next day I went to my buddies cause he has the same set up and this is where things fell apart. He even tried shooting it and no luck at all. We backed it the whole way in to 30 yds and was every place with it. AS fas as bumping the scope, I know it can happen, but I know it did not.
Vormax

Post by Vormax »

Did you take the string off and check that the mag tips are glued tight ?
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

bugs wrote:I am no pro so I cant confirm the problem but I do know 100% Excal stands behind their product. They have rectified a problem with an old bow I had bought used becuase their warranty and service is EXCELLENT! I sent a PM & Living near the factory I was able to drive there and the trigger mechanism had worn, fixed within an hour under warranty which I assumed I wouldnt have since it was a used bow and at least 15 yrs old. Your dealer is not providing the service that Excal stands behind. Like the guys have said, in the US contact Danny Miller and this will be rectified as quickly as possible.

This is where he is sending the bow to Dan Miller. I am not getting a new bow, he is just replacing the limbs and down reading my scope, I think it is a bunch of crap but what are you gonna to do?? M

y next step is I want every penny back that I paid for that bow.
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

Vormax wrote:Did you take the string off and check that the mag tips are glued tight ?

I have probably done everything else except that, so no I did not. I am getting new limbs anyway now. But the problem is the scope. I put a new one on and it crap fine! Well for a day, then went to hell!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

What is the arrow setup you are shooting out of this?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Athena1

Post by Athena1 »

nchunterkw wrote:What is the arrow setup you are shooting out of this?

I am shooting the 20" fire bolts with the 150 heads. I tried the GT III with 100gr head, out of my buddies Equinox (Cause my doesn't group at all) and it seemed as though the fire bolts grouped better from 30 yards out. From 30 yards in they seem to be the same, just about the same hole every shot.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Sending it to Dan will take care of the problem. As far as ONLY replacing the limbs, Hey, its not your trigger or the stock thats the problem. If it is the scope Dan will find the problem. Other than that the limbs are essentually the bow.
I owned and ran a business for a couple of years and your type of customer more than lightly once something goes wrong everything is wrong and can not be made happy. I would reccommend a refund for you. Better for both parties involved. Move on.