Hog huntin

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deaf jeff

Hog huntin

Post by Deaf jeff »

would anyone know of any reasonably priced ranches in mid or northern michigan for hunting hogs? looking for a place to hunt in march 2013. thanks for any info
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
LongCarbine

Re: Hog huntin

Post by LongCarbine »

Jeff, if you here of one please let me know I've been looking too. the only one I saw was bear mountain resort and that was way out of my price range.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
shafferm

Post by shafferm »

It looks like no more hog hunting in Michigan.

Oct. 10, 2011

A Department of Natural Resources director's order listing sporting swine as an invasive species took effect over the weekend on Oct. 8, making it illegal to possess the animals in Michigan.

"Absent a regulatory program in Michigan law for sporting swine facilities, the invasive species order is being put into effect," said DNR Director Rodney Stokes.

Stokes said active enforcement of the invasive species order will not start prior to April 1, 2012, with compliance visits to swine shooting and breeding facilities planned after that date.

Sporting swine facilities can use the next six months to schedule hunts to reduce the population of sporting swine on their properties. Facilities still in possession of sporting swine on April 1, 2012, may face violations and fines.

The above was taken from
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-15 ... --,00.html
2002 Exomag
Varizone with Burris Sig. Zee Rings
My mods:
Scope cover adapters
Optomechanical rangefinder
Custom built lit nocks
BCY Trophy flemish string
20" XX75 2219 arrows with 4" feathers
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

shafferm wrote:It looks like no more hog hunting in Michigan.

Oct. 10, 2011

A Department of Natural Resources director's order listing sporting swine as an invasive species took effect over the weekend on Oct. 8, making it illegal to possess the animals in Michigan.

"Absent a regulatory program in Michigan law for sporting swine facilities, the invasive species order is being put into effect," said DNR Director Rodney Stokes.

Stokes said active enforcement of the invasive species order will not start prior to April 1, 2012, with compliance visits to swine shooting and breeding facilities planned after that date.

Sporting swine facilities can use the next six months to schedule hunts to reduce the population of sporting swine on their properties. Facilities still in possession of sporting swine on April 1, 2012, may face violations and fines.

The above was taken from

so far i have 6 sites(in upper peninsula and northern lower) saying they have hog hunting. i have to get the time to dig into each site to get details but this is starting to sound interesting cuz if its outlawed how/why are these hunts even mentioned? :? :?:(possibly only certain breed(s) of hogs?). i will get emails sent to these sites and start asking questions in the near future
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
REVX
matrix 355
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Book a hunt in Ok and come on down! They have a cabin at the place or y'all can sleep in my shop.

The email thingy isn't working, call Dale on his cell phone: [580] 306-7419. :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I was checking into hogs not too long ago. There's several places in Ohio where you can hunt hogs and other exotics if you aren't able to find anything up in Michigan.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

awshucks wrote:Book a hunt in Ok and come on down! They have a cabin at the place or y'all can sleep in my shop.

The email thingy isn't working, call Dale on his cell phone: [580] 306-7419. :mrgreen:
awshucks,
wish i cud! but i am disabled and cannot drive and don't have deep pockets so the closer to home the better/easier
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
REVX
matrix 355
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Too bad, anyone who wants to book an Ok hog hunt, come on down!

I love to meet new people, and any one w/ a username of Deaf Jeff meets my criteria, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

What about a Great hog hunt or an Outstanding hog hunt? I think if I were to do it, I'd want more than just an Ok hog hunt. :roll:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Big58cal wrote:What about a Great hog hunt or an Outstanding hog hunt? I think if I were to do it, I'd want more than just an Ok hog hunt. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
REVX
matrix 355
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Big58cal wrote:What about a Great hog hunt or an Outstanding hog hunt? I think if I were to do it, I'd want more than just an Ok hog hunt. :roll:

Now that's funny! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

shafferm wrote:It looks like no more hog hunting in Michigan.

Oct. 10, 2011

The above was taken from
i found out today that hog hunting is legally still available in michigan. april 1,2012 was a deadline to no longer posess a certain species of hog. i have not located anything on this species other than they call it "sporting swine".
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
REVX
matrix 355
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

"Sporting Swine" sounds like one of those wierd drinks that TPM likes. :shock:

:lol: :lol:

I wonder if they're referring to basically "wild hogs" and that after April 1st, it is no longer legal to possess them in an enclosure? I'm sure there are some on the lose running around up there and those would be the ones that would still be legal to hunt.

The regulations in KY call them "wild pigs". And they're serious about wanting them out of here! :shock:
Coyotes, groundhogs and wild pigs may be hunted statewide, year-round, with no bag limit.

Wild pigs out-compete native wildlife for food, damage crops, and carry diseases. Landowners are strongly encouraged to remove wild pigs from their property. Trapping, which is legal year-round, is the most effective method
of removal. Wild pigs must be killed at the trap site, and not released. It is illegal
to possess, sell or transport wild pigs in Kentucky.
After reading that in the regulations though I thought, "How are you supposed to get one to a processor if it's illegal for you to transport one?" :? It doesn't say "alive" or "dead". It just says it's illegal to transport them. :?

Hey Jeff, sounds like you need to give the Michigan DNR a call and find out exactly what they mean by their reg. Worst case, as I said, I know there's some fenced places scattered around Ohio that offer hog hunting. Don't know how far up in Michigan you are, but there may be something close to you in either OH or IN. :wink:

Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I don't think there is an issue with transporting a hog as long as it is dead.
They are trying to stop the further release of boar or hogs into the wild.
Some jurisdictions call them feral hogs and usually there is no limit either.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Ont_Excal wrote:I don't think there is an issue with transporting a hog as long as it is dead.
They are trying to stop the further release of boar or hogs into the wild.
Some jurisdictions call them feral hogs and usually there is no limit either.
Yeah, I realize that since that's what would be "reasonable". But some of the young hot-shot officers we've got around here...... :x You know what happens when you "assume". :wink: I've yet to look up the actual regulation in the book to see what it says, but if there is any ambiguity to it, I'll be contacting F&W about getting it clarified a little better. :wink: I'd just hate to see someone be issued a citation and have to go to court for something that is unclear like that. :wink: