Collection / Donation for Awshucks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big58cal

Collection / Donation for Awshucks

Post by Big58cal »

Since no one has volunteered to do it, I will unless anyone has any objections. If ya'll want to take up a collection to help out Awshucks and his family with their medical bills, and just general bills from running back and forth to the hospital (gas, food, etc), and anything else they may need during this time, I'll collect the money and then send it all to them. Figured the easiest thing to do would be to take all of the money and get one of those prepaid Visa cards and send that to them. Even McDonalds accepts Visa now, so they shouldn't have any trouble using it.

If someone can send me 'Shucks address, and the name of his wife, I'll mail it to her, along with a get well card with everyone's user name on here that helped pitch in. :D

I've got a PayPal account so you can send the money that way, or you can send a money order (if in CA, please send a Postal M.O.), or if you've got U.S. currency, you can send that. Whatever you want to send will be fine. :D If you do send anything though, please mark it somehow that it's for Awshucks since I'm still collecting money for the turkey contest. I need to make sure that the money gets put in the right bucket. :wink:

I know I give 'Shucks a hard way to go on here sometimes, but it's only cause I like the feller so much. I've yet to meet him, but he seems to be one of the most down-to-earth and straight-shooting fellers someone could ever meet. Not to mention, being a "country bumpkin" pretty much means he's "my kind of people". :mrgreen:

I don't like to put my email address or snail mail address out wide open on the internet, so if you're interested in pitching in, send me a PM and I'll send you the PayPal info and mailing address. Everything collected will go onto the Visa gift card for them. I'll keep track of what everyone donates and supply a grand total at the end when I send the stuff. If ya'll want me to, I'll supply a detail sheet of who gave what to one other member on here, of your choosing, so everyone knows that all of the money went to the 'Shucks family. I would supply it to everyone, but that kind of info is really not everyone's business. :wink: Don't need anyone thinking less of someone who may have only been able to give $10 while someone else may have pitched in $50. :wink: It's the thought that counts. :D
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
onebigskittle

Re: Collection / Donation for Awshucks

Post by onebigskittle »

Pm me the address to send money to paypal ....Thanks 58 for doing this
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

onebigskittle wrote:Pm me the address to send money to paypal ....Thanks 58 for doing this
Done. :wink:

DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I have a suggestion. I will change my giveaway a bit Everyone who gives some $$ to the Awshucks fund gets their name enter into a drawing for a free knife, a Bird and Fish knife, The winner would get to choose what wood they want for handle scales. I will finish the knife, include a handmade leather sheath.

I won't do this unless the majority feels it is something they like.

Let us know on this post so we can decide if it's a go,
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Darrel, thats a great idea and very generous. You don't have to enter my name seeing I have a knife of yours already. Thanks so much for the offer and hope the fund takes off. Said it before and worth saying again. I feel so lucky to be in the company of such fine people. :D Aging
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds like a great idea to me!
wabi
spike

Post by spike »

genius !
ROGER
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Sounds like a plan Darrell, and very generous of you. :D

Just so everyone knows, I've had several people send me PM's already about this, so all is looking good. :D Unexpected accidents like this can really put a hurtin' on a families finances. From what I've learned about 'Shucks, he'd go out of his way to help anyone else out that was in need, even if he didn't personally know them. Even though I haven't met him, I feel that he'd do the same for me if I ever needed help so............

I know times are tough for everyone right now with the way the economy is, gas prices, etc. Don't feel that you "have" to chip in, but if you can and do, whatever you can throw into the hat is very much appreciated! :D People used to kid me about always stopping to pick up pennies whenever I saw them on the ground, saying, "It's only a penny." Well, them pennies soon add up to a dollar. :wink: Whatever you chip in may mean the difference between 'Shucks getting his cheesburger happymeal or not. :mrgreen: :lol:

bugs

Post by bugs »

I will donate tomorrow, even in Canada with medical paid the extra costs are a killer.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

An old saying:

Watch you pennies and your dollars will take care of themselves.

BTW, I still pick small change even a penny.

Here in the nort, Canada will stop issuing pennies.
It seems they are too costly to make.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
tat4life

Post by tat4life »

That's a great idea to both Big58cal & DaGriz.. 8)
2010 Equinox,Lumizone,munch mount,munch custom arrows,munch string..Rage 2blade
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Great idea :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Update:

The response so far as been great! Thanks folks!!!! :D I've got one request though, if you send something in, either through PayPal or a money order, put a note with it somewhere as to what your user name is on here so I'll know "who" it's from. :wink: "BillNichols@gmail just sent you $xx.xx" doesn't translate too well into a user name. :lol: (BTW, I just made that name up)

If you've already send something and didn't add a user name, please send me a PM with what your PayPal ID is so I'll know who it was from.

I'm just wanting to make sure that I give credit to everyone who pitched in. Plus, I'll need all of the names to give to Darrell for the drawing for the knife. :wink:

wabi

Post by wabi »

Sent my PayPal contribution, and I hope most of the forum members can take part. 'Shucks is a very good member of this forum and I'm guessing this accident will cause some financial burden for him and his family.

I know my wife just completed having cataract surgery in both eyes, and even though insurance covered most of the medical expenses just the many round trips to the hospital & doctor (about 7-8 100 mile trips) adds up to a lot of gasoline & meals on the road, not to mention the loss of wages that goes along with it. Not a financial disaster by any means, but it will slow my spending on sporting goods for a while. :roll: :lol:
wabi
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Yep, got yours wabi. Thanks! :D Got one from Roland though yesterday that I'm still trying to figure out who that is. Just want to make sure I give'm credit for chipping in. :wink: