New Ibex is a'coming

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

houser52

New Ibex is a'coming

Post by houser52 »

I've been shooting my Vortex for over a year now and love it. I never thought of ever owning another crossbow. Why would I need another one? The Vortex is really accurate with lots of power and I have no problems cocking it.

Then while I was buying vanes at the local shop I started looking at a new old model Axiom with the aluminum rail. I made a few posts on here and other sites about the Axiom. One thing lead to another and the Ibex with the aluminum rail started looking better and better to me. Being just a wee bit shorter and lighter made me think it might make it a better crossbow for the tree stand. ( Sounds like a good excuse)

After a lot of searching I found a new one without the package deal for a pretty good price so I ordered it.

If you own an Ibex and have any comments or pics I'd like to hear from you. Thanks.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
agingcrossbower

Re: New Ibex is a'coming

Post by agingcrossbower »

I've got one and pretty much say it the way you have. Its easier to cock than the vortex I had. I have nothing against the vortex in just getting older the Ibex is easier all the way around and is a sweet shooter. Best of luck with it.
chopfather

Post by chopfather »

I have an alum rail ibex with the S5 string suppressors and the d-bars it's a nice crossbow. I didn't realize what a difference the S5's and d-bars made until I got my wife a vixen and shot it a few times. It's now equipped with both and it's much more enjoyable to shoot.
Member of the P.A.D. Club
Excalibur Ibex
Hawke SR Scope
Wyvern quiver mount
S5's and Dis Bars
Custom Thumbhole Vixen
wayne

Post by wayne »

Bought an ibex for the wife last year, she loves it, she got a 4 point with it.
I've shot it many, many times, & I like it to.....When shooting my vortex, I think it's the better one, then when I'am shooting the ibex I think it's the better one. :wink: ....And I can tell ya she'll never give it up, that's for sure. :lol:

We have the S5's - D-barrs - & cheek riser on it, & we can shoot the same arrow/broadheads out of both bows, without adj. the scopes.
I know you'll love the ibex.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I just sold my ibex to a friend of mine, great bow & deadly accurate. 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
houser52

Post by houser52 »

Thanks for the comments.
I wasn't sure what accessories I might need. Figured I'd shoot it for a little while first but, I did order a cheek piece the same day and it should be here by the time the bow gets here.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
chopfather

Post by chopfather »

Oh yeah, I have the cheek piece on both of ours too. Good luck with yours , I'm sure you'll love it.
Member of the P.A.D. Club
Excalibur Ibex
Hawke SR Scope
Wyvern quiver mount
S5's and Dis Bars
Custom Thumbhole Vixen