New Ibex has arrived

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

houser52

New Ibex has arrived

Post by houser52 »

The new aluminum rail Ibex arrived late last week.
It went together easily just like my Vortex. The fit and camo finish was perfect. It has dissipator bars but not the S5 system.

I already had an Excalibur mount and scope so I installed them, waxed the dacron string and looked everything over before shooting.

Arrows are 20" XX75 with aluminum inserts and nocks, Blazer vanes and 125 grain bullet points. Total weight averages 437 grains.
Sighting in, out to 50 yards, was routine without any surprises. It's accuracy is typical Excalibur. (I learned my lesson with the Vortex and now aim at different spots) This Ibex is no different. Accuracy is excellent.

Chrono'd speed using the dacron string averaged 275 fps. I had a Excel FFF string in my box so I put it on and run the arrows though the chrono again. This time with the FFF they averaged 289 fps. I'm keeping the FFF string on and the dacron as a spare. Today while shooting the serving on the FFF string started to show a lot of wear with some fraying. I polished the hooks with emery cloth and put the dacron string back on. Looks like I'm going to have to reserve it and order another FFF string to have as a spare.

One thing I noticed when shooting was that the trigger got better the more times I shot it. In the beginning the trigger had a lot of creep but was much better and smoother by the time I finished.
Noise or vibration was not a problem even without the S5. I know the S5 is good insurance in case of a dry fire and I have had the S5 on my Vortex since I got it over a year ago. As of now I'm undecided if I'm going to add it to the Ibex or not but it sure feels a lot lighter without it.

So far the Ibex looks like a winner.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
Big58cal

Re: New Ibex has arrived

Post by Big58cal »

Congrats on the new Ibex! I've read that from 2-3 people about the triggers getting better the more they're shot. As for the S5, look at it as cheap insurance. It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.