BBQ/Smoker Build #2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Re: BBQ/Smoker Build #2

Post by Raymond »

Big58cal wrote:But this is what you'll have to look forward to once it's done........ :wink:

Hey Mark,
Oh my, all I can say is where the heck is my towel my keyboard is getting wet, :) . I will be needing those recipes.
YUM YUM,
Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
Here are a few photos of me cutting the doors almost out but I left the corners uncut because I want to mount the hinges first.

And yes I do have my safety goggles on this time. It was nice to have friends care enough to razz me for the safety goggles, :) :) . Thank you, I knew better but didn't care enough for myself to make sure that I was safe, :) .

After preparing and cutting the doors almost all the way through except for the corners I have to take a break because of some back pain. It puts strain on my lower back more than I would have thought using the grinder, but it is advancing. Getting it done slow but sure. Better than not at all. I am going to try and mount the hinges to if possible. I realize it is slow but thank you for watching.

Thank you,
Raymond
masboy

Post by masboy »

looking good Raymond! I can almost taste them ribs . Looks like you could use my sand blaster that my uncle gave me when cleaning out his garage and I use it for everything sure beats sanding!
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

masboy wrote:looking good Raymond! I can almost taste them ribs . Looks like you could use my sand blaster that my uncle gave me when cleaning out his garage and I use it for everything sure beats sanding!
you are right a sand blaster would come in handy rather than sanding by hand. I have a friend that can help me out I believe. I will be talking to him before long.
Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I am awaiting for a call for a couple more free 250 gallon oil barrels. I will be cutting the ends off of those and cutting them open and flattening them open to make a metal floor on the trailer and beefing up the trailer frame at the same time. I have a set of axles with larger tires and springs for the build also.
Raymond
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

Hey Raymond,
I can smell the smoke already!!!!!!!! What kind of wood do you use to smoke with?? I like apple myself, and cherry. Take care and do not over do it, we can be patient while it is being built.
God Bless my Friend,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Mark Rainbolt wrote:Hey Raymond,
I can smell the smoke already!!!!!!!! What kind of wood do you use to smoke with?? I like apple myself, and cherry. Take care and do not over do it, we can be patient while it is being built.
God Bless my Friend,
Mark
Hey Mark,
On the last one I was using maple. My land has a lot of maple on it. I have got my name in for some apple wood from a farmer whenever he cuts anymore of his older apple trees and any others that he has such as peach, pear, grape vines, plum, from a apple farmer that I know. It will be good to get it done but if I cannot use it that is no good either. So I take my time and it will get done sooner than I think. Every little bit I get done on it is closer to the finish line. My son helps when he can, between college work and his part time job at the Canadian Tire Store it doesn't leave him much time with his son so I would rather see him enjoying the time with his son first rather than working with me, :) .
Take care my friend,
Raymond
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Just bring this up to the top.

Hey Raymond...........any updates??
Take care
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Rich,
Thanks for bringing it to the top. I think I may have a few more pics on the camera but I never got much more than what you see there. I am hoping this week to get some work done on it. I haven't been feeling very well. Dang headaches and dizziness and blackouts have started up again. I just haven't had the energy to get going on it, sorry guys. I am anxious to get it done but maybe with this new medication it will help. I have needed to lay down and rest quite often during the day even. I feel like I have been pulled through a knot hole. The wife has wanted me to go back to the doctors a few times, she has said that I have a grey colored look in my face. I have been stubborn and maybe stupid but I am getting tired of seeing doctors and hospitals. Today is been the best either, I had to lay down for a couple of hours. I feel pretty good right now though, I feel almost normal, :lol: . Heck what is normal anyway, I have never been normal, :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Thanks again,
Raymond
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

let me know when it's time to eat. :D
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
wapiti_wacker

Post by wapiti_wacker »

Looking good , I enjoy your updates on your smoker, can't wait until you post pics of the tasty food that comes off of it . You will have the best smoker around. Great work :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wink:
Exocet 200
Flemish string
S 5 suppression
Hi my name is Mark and I AM an Elkaholic .....
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Raymond, we are all anxious to see the finished smoker, but TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST! I cant believe this is coming out of my mouth but, sometimes its a good thing to listen to your wife.Take it easy and you are in my prayers.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

UPSMAN wrote:let me know when it's time to eat. :D
I sure will. It won't be today though. You better eat until I tell you It's ready because you might starve at the rate it is taking me, :) . I feel pretty good so far today and I am going to try and get some work done on it today. The new medication seems to be making me feel better and have some more energy than I have had in quite a few days so if things stay like this I should be able to get things going again and get this BBQ/Smoker done.
Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I promised the wife that if I get really low again and start turning grey in the face again that I will let her take me in to the hospital. I have to much to lose for stupidity. I have a great wife that I truly love and she loves me and two great kids and a beautiful grandson that needs me around to continue teaching him about hunting and other things and loving him. So I guess I need to smarten up. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey folks,
I had a trip to the hospital by ambulance the other afternoon and had to stay overnight to get a few things checked over and have some medications readjusted. Made it back home and rested for a couple of days. Yesterday I done a bit on my BBQ/Smoker. Here is a few photos.

I am planning on doing a bit more today. I will finish the other door and then start building the rack assembly. I am bolting things together for now until my buddy gets back from vacation so we can do some work with his mig welder. My other buddy has an arc welder and I don't want to use that on the smoker barrel because the metal is so thin it may burn through instead of weld.

I have a 16' fiberglass boat that I do not use anymore and I may sell it and buy myself a mig welder.

Thanks,
Raymond