Victory Archery VAP Voo Doo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Victory Archery VAP Voo Doo

Post by nchunterkw »

A buddy asked me about these.

http://www.victoryarchery.com/vap-voodoo/

Looks like an interesting concept. Anyone have any experience with them?
I sent them an email asking about insert weight and FOC measurements. They use brass inserts on their other bolts.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
nchunterkw

Re: Victory Archery VAP Voo Doo

Post by nchunterkw »

Wow. No hits on this one. I did a search too and there was a thread on this in March with basically no hits there either. Guess there's only 1 way to find out about these........woo hoo new stuff to test!
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
lungbuster

Post by lungbuster »

Iv been waiting to get my hands on some. Called them in march was told they'd be out in April. Called in April was told may. Just have to wait I guess
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Did a little digging last night and found the same stuff. I did find one guy in another archery forum that said he was shooting one arrow. Didn't see a big accuracy difference, did think they were a bit faster and thought maybe had better penetration - but he was only judging that by how far it went into his target vs. the other stuff he was shooting. So not scientific and no conclusion can be drawn.

I also saw that the price is pretty steep - like in the $15/arrow range. Not sure I would ever buy those for deer hunting - but maybe for something bigger - but then again, the 20" version only weighs 322 grains (no BH) and on bigger game I think I'd still opt for a much heavier arrow.

I emailed them about FOCmeasurements and how much the BH insert weighed yesterday. So far no response. I don't think that bodes too well - especially given that they obviously are having some production issues.
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

The thing would be, what can they they do that that a current arrow can't that would warrant the such a difference in the price? Seems like it may kinda' be a gimick to me. Take a standard arrow and wrap some electrical tape around it on each end and the center. :lol: You'll accomplish the same thing.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Big58...I agree. I don't see a big advantage and maybe a little disadvantage. What happens to the arrow when the bulge leaves the rail and the only thing touching the rail is the back end. Seems like the front will fall a bit...a very little bit ....but still. I also wonder about wear on the 2 spots that touch teh rail. I see a good enough amount of wear on arrows I have been using for the string tests. But still....I am a test engineer by trade so messing with stuff is right up my alley.

Their claim to fame is better penetration. I'll have to come up with a way to try to make an apples to apples test of that as weight, speed and FOC all impact penetration a lot.
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><