Who has a garden started?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Limbs and Sticks

Who has a garden started?

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Just wondering who been playing in the dirt?

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Pydpiper

Re: Who has a garden started?

Post by Pydpiper »

Tidy garden!
This year we are leaning more towards little backyard livestock. :D Our garden is going to be cut down a bit, but will still provide what we need, hopefully.
I have a great/productive rhubarb garden, this year we plan to make some wine from it. That way even if my garden or livestock doesn't produce, I will care just a little bit less, one glass at a time. :D

May the sun shine on your green, every day.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
masboy

Post by masboy »

looks real nice! we just plant a small one we got six tomato plants some squash an some peppers an cucumbers .
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Looks good ...I love the soil yall have ....rich looking...we have that reddish clay crap and all but it makes good tobacco and corn.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Nice looking garden already way ahead of us Wes. I plan on putting in our 7 rows of vegetables this year but it is even tougher now that I cannot handle my tiller. My son will till the ground when he has time. We still have time yet because we are still have big frosts around here. I will plant the 1st of June, it will be perfect then for here. My tomatoes are 6" tall and will soon be putting them in the greenhouse.
Raymond

Edit: I need to separate our rhubarb this year it is letting me know that it is time to do that.
Limbs and Sticks

Pydpiper wrote:Tidy garden!
This year we are leaning more towards little backyard livestock. :D Our garden is going to be cut down a bit, but will still provide what we need, hopefully.
I have a great/productive rhubarb garden, this year we plan to make some wine from it. That way even if my garden or livestock doesn't produce, I will care just a little bit less, one glass at a time. :D

May the sun shine on your green, every day.
Only live stock here is a flock of chicken, EGG MACHINES
masboy wrote:looks real nice! we just plant a small one we got six tomato plants some squash an some peppers an cucumbers .
I'm planing on doing a lot of canning this yr., if the juice goes out I'll lose freezer food only, lost a lot last yr with the floods here.
onebigskittle wrote:Looks good ...I love the soil yall have ....rich looking...we have that reddish clay crap and all but it makes good tobacco and corn.
I know the stuff your talking about, hunt in Nelson Co. a little on Waltons Mt. you can't wash it off your truck it wears off :lol:
Raymond wrote:Nice looking garden already way ahead of us Wes. I plan on putting in our 7 rows of vegetables this year but it is even tougher now that I cannot handle my tiller. My son will till the ground when he has time. We still have time yet because we are still have big frosts around here. I will plant the 1st of June, it will be perfect then for here. My tomatoes are 6" tall and will soon be putting them in the greenhouse.
Raymond

Edit: I need to separate our rhubarb this year it is letting me know that it is time to do that.
Glad you got help Raymond, watch it grow

flhtcuse wrote:Playing in the dirt??? I got stuck today in snow going fishing!!!

That is one fine looking garden plot you have and looks like it is a real good producer. Can't beat home grown veggies!

Cheers....

This is the first time planting this spot, i've had help from some cows and chickens to make the soil better, we'll see how it turns out, I want to go fishing

Thanks guys
Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Limbs and Sticks

hankenhunter wrote:It will be a week or two before I start planting. This year I`m going to try a bucket garden as we have a vicious grasshopper problem here. Easy for bait but hard on anything green. I heard that growing in black buckets is supposed to work. Beauty garden btw. Wishing you have a pest free garden,
Hank

No such thing here, I use the empty packs to mark my rows at first, these things here ate the pictures of the veg off the package :lol: you have to spray liquid 7 and add arsenic to it, the damn bugs are tuff here :lol:

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I've tilled mine, but about the time I get ready to plant it, it rains! :x Tilled it Thursday and was getting ready to till it again Friday and be done with it and of course it poured buckets Friday afternoon on through Saturday morning.

It's "supposed" to be dry this week, so hopefully I'll be able to get it in the ground this week.

Good looking garden. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Got the spuds planted and most of the flowers sets are in too. New raised raspberry bed is in and planted two apple trees today - Honeycrisp and Sweet sixteen - complete with 6' deer exclosures. Rest of garden will go in this week end but will wait on green beans/cukes a week longer. I'm in one 3 here so it does no good to rush those two, just get poor germination.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i have it all out but my beans like big 58 said every time it gets right it rains! :lol:
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I don't have room for a garden where I live now but I do miss having one. You've done a real nice job with yours. Enjoy. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

Played in the soil Sun. Planted RAD. Onions, beets, Kol. carrots. Waiting for a warm up before Tom. squash, peppers, sweet taters go in.
houser52

Post by houser52 »

I planted mine Saturday, zucchini, cukes, tomatoes and jalapenos. Still want to plant okra this week. With the kids gone and just me and the wife, I've scaled back a lot.
We about live on tomato sandwiches during the season.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

My crop has been planted too. Unfortunately it has to be under heavy vegitation to keep the ATF at bay and I have to bury the water lines running into the woods to keep others from knowing what it is that I'm harvesting... :lol: If you believe that one, I'll sell you a bridge in Tibet :mrgreen:
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

had potatoes in since st patrs day have som e tomatoes cukes beans out now, i have alot of fruit trees they are cranking should be a good year to grow