Kansas Legalizes Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

HuntingKansas

Kansas Legalizes Crossbows

Post by HuntingKansas »

It passed today. KS will allow crossbows during archery season beginning in 2013 - per the bill. Perhaps the KDWP will move it up and allow it for 2012.

Anyway, I've been a compound shooter and would love to try crossbows. I've been considering buying an exomax brown bear. This may just be enough for me to do it. I'll probably wait a few days or weeks to get one, just to make sure this is final.

This will be my first crossbow purchase. Any advice for a newbie?
masboy

Re: Kansas Legalizes Crossbows

Post by masboy »

welcome! the best advice I would give is to buy an Excalibur and stay on this site and ask anything you want to know about crossbows and some of these good people will be glad to help. worked for me I learned more here in a short time that would have taken years to learn on my own.don,t get any better than that!
Last edited by masboy on Mon May 07, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

CONGRATS KANSAS!!!! :D :D :D
Advice on a x-bow...anything excalibur. 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Welcome HuntingKansas,
Congratulations to the state of Kansas for finally legalizing and realizing that crossbows are archery weapons also. My recommendation would be to by an Excalibur, you will never ever regret buying an Excalibur Crossbow. If there is a shop or business where you could maybe handle and shoot the entire line up of Excalibur crossbows that would be excellent for you. You would know exactly which one was for you then. You will find this forum to be a massive amount of friendly and helpful people who are full of information and advice and are more than willing to share with you.
Thank you,
Raymond
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

HuntingKansas wrote:It passed today. KS will allow crossbows during archery season beginning in 2013 - per the bill. Perhaps the KDWP will move it up and allow it for 2012.

Anyway, I've been a compound shooter and would love to try crossbows. I've been considering buying an exomax brown bear. This may just be enough for me to do it. I'll probably wait a few days or weeks to get one, just to make sure this is final.

Can you post a link or other resource? All I could find was this and it sounds like they just legalized it for youths and those over 55.

http://www.realtree.com/hunting/realtre ... ery-season

Confused... :?: :?
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Kudos to Kansas for getting into the 21's century!

As the others have said, any Excalibur would be your choice, but the trick is to find one that both you and your body likes. Try to fondle and shoot as many models as you can to find the one you like best.

As for other help, just hang out on here. There's a wealth of knowledge in this group and the vast majority are more than willing to help with anything that you've got. All you've got to do is ask the question. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Welcome to the forum and good to hear crossbows are now legal for hunting in Kansas. Happy hunting. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

First off welcome to the forum . :)
Any Excalibur bow will work for you . It all comes down to personal preferences .
Good for Kansas permitting the use of another piece of archery equipment into the season . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
bentonmike

Post by bentonmike »

Welcome, there are some really great people on this forum. I researched the heck out of crossbows before I bought my Equinox, and I know that I made the right decision! You can drive tacks at 30 yards with a little practice!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Welcome to the forum and a BIG CONGRATS on the crossbow issue in your state. All the excaliburs will do the job. Best of Luck and have fun. :D
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Doe Master wrote:Any Excalibur bow will work for you .
Except one made by Doe Master on a Monday or a Friday. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Yes, here's a bit. Take a long look at an Exocet. Then, compare prices on a Y-25. Danny Miller [USA warranty rep] will put one on your porch for $825, but must be ordered 'handed'. His phone [only] is [740] 483-2312.

Fwiw, the Y is an Ecet, w/ gorgeous wood stock, only 1k were made.

Danny will work w/ you and is a great guy......
"Eze 18:21"
HuntingKansas

Post by HuntingKansas »

I'm itching to place an order. I'm just waiting for the bill legalizing crossbows to be finalized. It passed both houses, but is hung up in conference over a few conflicting amendments - an early anterless rifle season and allowing crossbows during archery season. So, I need to wait until I know it's gone through for sure. Otherwise, I'm in trouble with the wife and sleeping on the couch for a while.
axiluc

Post by axiluc »

Good for you,,, i am new at this to ,and have only tried excalibur xbows and i say when you've got the best why bother with the rest :lol: :lol: and on this forum theres lots of pros with good advice,so youcant go wrong :D good luck have fun and be safe :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

It is NOT a done deal yet.

The bills are in conference committee.

Anything can happen there including striking out the crossbow amendment or compromising on it.. My best guess is a "compromise"...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]