New models

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Re: New models

Post by Pydpiper »

claytonfaulkner wrote:another manufacture has 2 recurve bows that shoot faster than this, have the same life time warranty, and supposed to be just as accurate.
Who is this company you speak of?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Pydpiper wrote:
claytonfaulkner wrote:another manufacture has 2 recurve bows that shoot faster than this, have the same life time warranty, and supposed to be just as accurate.
Who is this company you speak of?
Spect he is saying Middleton's! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
dsal

Post by dsal »

In reality these days speed sells. Smart move for the industry leaders to have must of us brain washed, as if we can't kill what speeds we already have. As faster models come out people what them. I wont be surprised that Excalibur comes out with something faster but don't see the design changing much, since it what keeps them apart from the rest. But I could be wrong.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Ya I think excal is behind.....They stand right behind me, and they sure seem to have my back, and odds are 20 years from now, looking at history, they will still be right there.
Warranty is a very over used word, it's only as good as the campany, and how reliable & durable there products are, IMO
I like the idea that I can be accurate with my vortex & ibex with every brand of arrow I've shot to date.
Yes, speed does sell, but so does simple, reliable, durable, ez to use, etc. Look at the increase in sales of in recurve & longbows today, there is a reason.
But now, I'am a old man, I think my 300+ fps vortex is fast :lol: :lol: :lol: I would never trade my accurate, reliable, durable, able to shoot most any arrow, hunting tool for a more fps, if it means, me & the people at the bow shop will be on a 1st name basis, I prefer the woods to the bow shop.
But, thats just me, I'am weird that way :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

One would think that the staff @ excal read this forum. If you have an idea or want there is no better place to voice it. You only get what you ask for. Personally I can't see them gettin much faster without mods to the limbs, which would mean that it would take a few years for customers to trust the new design fully. Excal has not exactly been sleeping the past few years. They brought out the axiom, the ibex smf, the tac pac, the eclipse, a bunch of new scopes..... And some others that I'm sure I have forgotten about....
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Hard to improve upon perfection. :mrgreen: The line up is the same, main frame-wise as it was in '05 when I got my first. I don't foresee any major changes.
"Eze 18:21"
masboy

Post by masboy »

X2 well said Wayne!!!!!!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Now that Excalibur has an American influence connected to them I think It is safe to assume there will be some speed changes. All the other bow companies are pursuing speed, and unfortunately to compete, there may be a faster bow in the future.
The Tac-Pac is a perfect example. Back when the Tac-15 bow came out from PSE there were lots of "chuckles" on forums about the need of a "tactical" style bow, now some of the same people in those threads are sporting new Tactical style bows from Excalibur. Proven case of "if you build it, they will come".
I am happy with my 300FPS bow, more than happy actually. But there is a whole new generation of hunters coming down the pipes, ones who have gun hunting backgrounds, and little concern for "tradition". Every day new areas allow the use of crossbows, everyday thousands of people decide to pick up a crossbow for the first time, they are all going to ask the same question "How fast is it?". There will come a time, and it wont be long, crossbows are going to be known for speed more than anything else, and those are the bows the new guys are going to gravitate to.
Speed plays a very important role in archery, especially to a new shooter. I think the faster bows will ultimately change hunting regulations, but it is also going to change where people go when they hear "crossbow".
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day mate, look l no there on a winner as we all do, l love tac looking rifles as in my bows, l own xx excaliburs crossbows l brought 2 kodabows which are awesome a well, theres good everywhere, the new company excalibur will change but not soon ok, but it will happin..
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
bryman021

Post by bryman021 »

When I started looking into getting my own crossbow, I must admit the first thing I thought was "I'm gonna get the fastest one there is". But then once I did a lot of research and reading I realized that speed wasn't as important as accuracy, reliability, and ease of maintenance. After I decided to go with excalibur I was originally going to go with an equinox. But I wanted a bow I could shoot all day long and not have to worry about getting tired out cocking it. I must say that my 175lb. Ibex with it shooting right around 285 fps with my current set-up is more than adequate for my needs. I wouldn't trade it away if someone offered me 2 of the fastest compound bows on the market!

Now I understand that a lot of people only care about speed, and I'm sure excal is aware of that and will eventually have some new models to satisfy that market.
rayman

Post by rayman »

I think that the speed hype is just coming straight from the V-bow speed hype thing. Its such a major part of that industry that there is bound to be spill over. I'm with bryman, main concerns are accuracy, consistancy, and reliability. I would not trade my Axiom for any other bow except maybe another Excal.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Excal may come out with something faster to keep competitive I hope so, seems some think if you have a speed bow you lose accuracy, nothing is further from the truth, it shoots flatter, gets there quicker and a 350gr stick has just as much KE as one weighing 500gr if you have the speed to move the lighter stick, this isn't my opinion this is what I know as fact, bring the beast on Excalibur :D

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers