Am I sneaky or smart?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Re: Am I sneaky or smart?

Post by VixChix »

You done good! Good for crossbows and good for the kids!

Kindness, patience, and education gets you results far sooner than trying to reason or argue!

Let us know how it turns out for you!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Anything you can do to interest young hunters to be is a good thing, and through your efforts, when they grow up a bit the range will also be open for them to try out and use a crossbow as well which is also a good thing. You are sowing the seeds for the future, gaining a good place to shoot a real bow, and helping to promote crossbow hunting. Sounds like a win win all around to me. :D

I wish there were more folks like you out there.

If you get a chance could you post a pic of your youngin' rosewood bow. They sound pretty cool to me.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

hankenhunter wrote:After the archery site at the gun club in Merritt got logged over a few years back, they have decided to rebuild it. I was talking to the man in charge and I asked if he was going to allow crossbows. He said that he wasn't to keen on the idea because of target damage, passthroughs, well, you know the excuses that archery clubs give. So I told him about making ragbags that will stop any crossbow. He seemed a little more interested so I said that if you allow crossbows, I will make the rag bags for the range. :twisted: He still wasn't totally sold on the idea so I played my trump card. I asked him if he was going to have an open house when it was completed. He said yes and thats when I made him an offer he couldn't refuse. I told him that if he allowed crossbows, I would make every single kid at the grand opening a rosewood bundle bow for free. I showed him my own bundle bundle bow that I made and he immediately welcomed me and all crossbowyers to the club! That solves my problem of trying to start a crossbow club. The only drawback for me is I feel I cheapened the personal pride I have for making free bows for kids by using it as a bargaining chip to get crossbows allowed. Did I err, or did I do right?" :?
Slightly confused, Hank
Are you kidding?? :shock:
You done good Hank, real good.

You could take it one step farther.
You could teach the older kids how to make their own at the club.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

bigredopie wrote:
If you get a chance could you post a pic of your youngin' rosewood bow. They sound pretty cool to me.
x2
Would like to see a pic also, I saw your beautiful vertical bow work on your website but did not see anything x-bow related.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Dash

Post by Dash »

Great work Hank !

Any effort put in to educate the public or other archers to crossbows is well worth it. Well done.
Clubs over here never allowed hunting crossbows in the past. And no crossbowers here really put the effort into changing the clubs views.
Well ... when the police minister decided to ban crossbows it was easy for them. We had no representation by clubs or associations clubs here. The archery associations who already had a bad view of crossbows didn't even put up a fight for us.
A bit of good Crossbow PR goes a long way to change peoples misguided opinions on crossbows. They're not all evil :lol: just the black eclipse 8)
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

You did well, very well.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

You are a true salesman!! take one for the team,I wonder if you could get your hands on some Excal swag for the grand re- opening or would that be too brash? :wink:
The best things in life are not things!!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Good move, Hank!
"Eze 18:21"
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Ont_Excal wrote:
hankenhunter wrote:After the archery site at the gun club in Merritt got logged over a few years back, they have decided to rebuild it. I was talking to the man in charge and I asked if he was going to allow crossbows. He said that he wasn't to keen on the idea because of target damage, passthroughs, well, you know the excuses that archery clubs give. So I told him about making ragbags that will stop any crossbow. He seemed a little more interested so I said that if you allow crossbows, I will make the rag bags for the range. :twisted: He still wasn't totally sold on the idea so I played my trump card. I asked him if he was going to have an open house when it was completed. He said yes and thats when I made him an offer he couldn't refuse. I told him that if he allowed crossbows, I would make every single kid at the grand opening a rosewood bundle bow for free. I showed him my own bundle bundle bow that I made and he immediately welcomed me and all crossbowyers to the club! That solves my problem of trying to start a crossbow club. The only drawback for me is I feel I cheapened the personal pride I have for making free bows for kids by using it as a bargaining chip to get crossbows allowed. Did I err, or did I do right?" :?
Slightly confused, Hank
Are you kidding?? :shock:
You done good Hank, real good.

You could take it one step farther.
You could teach the older kids how to make their own at the club.

Congratulations Hank. you did a great job. I am just waiting to see the warm reception that I know you will gain their. Thank you from all us Crossbowers, another door opened. Great Work. I would like to see those Rosewood Bow pics also.
Thanks,
Raymond
masboy

Post by masboy »

good thing you done Hank ! I,m sure the kids will like them!
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

good job hank, we need more people in this world like you. people that care.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Good job my friend!!! :D :D :D 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I can see how you feel you may have cheapened yourself but don't look at it that way. You found a way to have crossbows included and that's a win win situation for you, the kids, other crossbow shooters and the club too. Nicely done Hank. :wink:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Ya done good Hank. Anytime you help the kids is a good thing. Lets see a pic or two of your handy work. :)
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Sounds like a win win situation to me !