Love & hate my new Equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

UPSMAN

Love & hate my new Equinox

Post by UPSMAN »

Just fired the first 10 rounds through my new bow to get it zeroed. It is truly one kick a$$ machine.My only gripe so far,I came to this sport after 40 years of rifle hunting. All of my guns have custom triggers & shoot smooth as a new born baby's behind. Will shoot 75-100 more bolts and see if I can get acclimated to this type of trigger. I think before it's all said and done with that I will be introducing myself to the guy on this forum that so many of you praise (Boo).
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Boo

Re: Love & hate my new Equinox

Post by Boo »

If you have a legitimate complaint about the trigger after a few hundred shots you should contact Danny Miller.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

X2...They shoot in some but probably not enough to satisfy you :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Tom

Post by Tom »

Boo wrote:If you have a legitimate complaint about the trigger after a few hundred shots you should contact Danny Miller.
Remember that crossbows are not like a gun where the gun trigger has only a spring adding pressure against it where the crossbow will have anywhere from 150lbs to 225 lbs pressure applied to the string hooks.

Even in saying that, Excalibur crossbow triggers are usually fairly good, but not in the quality of a target trigger. Like Boo said, if there are still troubles after many shots, contact Dan.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I bought a ton of stuff from Dan last week and talked to him on the phone 3 times but did not talk about triggers. If after a couple hundred shots and I am still not happy I will give Dan a call. Does Dan do trigger work or is the guru Boo the only true master.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String