2010 Bushnell Trophy Cam

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

2010 Bushnell Trophy Cam

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
How many of you bought a 2010 Bushnell Trophy Cam? Did you have any problems with it, please explain? Was it sent to the U.S. Repair Center or the Canadian Repair Center? Did it get repaired or replaced? If it got repaired how long was it gone before you received it back? If it was replaced how long did it take after notification before you received another one?
Thank you,
Raymond
Hazmat

Re: 2010 Bushnell Trophy Cam

Post by Hazmat »

What is wrong with it?
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I have the 2009 model which works well, but I have read many times about problems with The 2010 models, and Bushnell is well aware of this. What exactly is the problem with it cam? Are you getting run away pics, meaning the cam just keeps taking pics non stop until the battery dies and u end up with a thousand pics of nothing, or are you getting white out pics? Did your cam work well until now?

Obviously your warranty is expired , you might consider buying a new camera instead of spending money to repair this one. Have a look at Spypoint, it's a Canadian company based here in Quebec with very good customer service. I just picked up their IR-5 on sale for $119 but are usually only $129 which is a great price for a good camera. I put the Spypoint aiming at the same salt block as my Bushnell, and it got 10 times more pics than the Bushnell.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
No the camera was still under warranty and is being replaced with a new one. Never really worked well. Then it started taking a few white shots and then it would take runaway pictures as you call them. You could turn the camera facing the wall in the house and it would continue to take photos of nothing. I spoke with a technician and he said that it sounded like a trigger problem and it was one of the old 2010 models. So they must have had problems with a batch of the first ones in 2010.
Raymond
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Ahh so I guess there is a two year warranty, my bad, glad they are replacing it, and I hope you post back here when you receive the new one, I am very interested on how long it takes them to send you a new one. I switched my rifle scopes and cams etc to other companies because of their horrible turn around on warranty issues, hopefully they have gotten better and I will be keeping an eye open on this thread to find out.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
Just wanted to let you know that I got a replacement Bushnell Trophy Cam on June 4th. I mailed it out on April 27, 2012, it arrived on May 2, 2012. I called on May May 18, 2012 to see if it was being looked at and was told to call back on May25, 2012 to see what was happening. I was told at that time that it would be replaced and would be receiving another one in 5 to 10 business days and I received it on June 5, 2012. It is a 2011 model but hey it is still a good replacement for me as long as this one is not a lemon. It has a few extra upgraded options that my 2010 Cam never had. It has 32MB on-board capability without a card, it will handled up to a 32GB SD card instead of a 16GB SD card, it has wide screen video whereas the other one didn't have it. It has Audio recording capabilities, field scan time lapse capabilities. So in all it only took me 38 days to receive a replacement Bushnell Trophy Cam. I am pleased with my overall experience with Bushnell. I really can't complain. Thanks Bushnell.
Raymond
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

We purchased two units in 2011 at the same time from Cabela's,USA .

Trigger happy is the easiest way to describe them; 2000 pic's a night and day is modest.

A ton of nothing ; so we cut every twig - branch - blade of grass and shadow which may have set it off !!!!!

Dang !

Sent both back for warranty; and recieved two brand new ones - upgraded with sound capability and more leds for night pictures .

Definately impressed, and in less than 3 weeks !!!!!!!!!

We will always purchase Bushnell cameras and scopes as well !!!!!!!!!

oneshot............
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Well I think I may install this one today just a short distance in back of my house. The son said the does and fawns are moving through there, he took a walk the other day with his son. My grandson is my next hunting partner by the looks of things, he loves to get out into the woods. I hope this camera is not garbage. I wouldn't think that they would send me a piece of garbage.
Raymond
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

just set it on low sensor and it should be ok.. I got the black LED one and its ok, but not great. Ill find out more later on. The other 2 trophy cams are working ok but one has issues off and on. Had some issues with my cuddebacks but those are getting old now. No matter what you use, its going to have some problems from time to time in the woods all year long.
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Nice to see Bushnell turn around times have gotten better, hope this camera works well for ya.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Yes, I was pretty pleased with the turn around time also. I have set it in the window in the house for some testing to see if I can catch a thief running around these parts. I will catch the no good thief yet. I will have a surprise for him, :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil: .
Raymond