Anyone else fired up for deer yet?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kenspiel

Re: Anyone else fired up for deer yet?

Post by kenspiel »

subneural wrote:Welcome kenspiel! Which PSE are you using - I just picked up a Brute X (my first compound) and am looking forward to trying it this year. As for broad heads, I shot 125gr Griz Tricks, and found that they hit the same as field points when shot from my Phoenix. Maybe I'm a sucker for slick advertising, but I am going to try Rage mechanicals from my vertical bow this year.
I have "The Beast" PSE Compound. Shot a 9pt this past Oct 14th at 21 yards. Not a big rack but nice. I am also thinking about trying the Rage. I have been using 100gr Muzzy's. I fished alot of years (about 10) - 4 hours north of Toronto.
I am going to look at Boltcutters, and Xact Broadheads for the Excalibur. Its fun getting ready. Thanks for your reply. - Ken
subneural

Post by subneural »

TPM wrote:Marc, great to see ya posting again! As for deer, they're always on my mind, along with grouse of course. Lots of 3D shoots over the next couple of months. Hope to see you out some time!
Thanks TPM! I've been away too long. Are you & Vix going to the 3D at wcbowmen this weekend?
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Vix might be there but I'm taking Ben to a kids fishing derby in Baden. We'll be at the Oxford shoot the following week-end.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger