Anyone else fired up for deer yet?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

Re: Anyone else fired up for deer yet?

Post by maine hunter »

:D :D all i can say is...BRING IT ON!!!!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

The hunting, scouting and preparation never stops they just limit the shooting part :) Soon they mini deer (squirrel) season opens, so that should occupy some of ourr time.

Why am I not surprised to hear about DaGriz going out of his way to help a fellow hunter.

Those that don't know any better considered this is an equipment manufacturer support site, but anyone who spends any amount of time on here soon realizes it is more like a family chat site. We just have more than our fair share of weird uncles, aunts and other assorted cousins.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
TPM

Post by TPM »

Marc, great to see ya posting again! As for deer, they're always on my mind, along with grouse of course. Lots of 3D shoots over the next couple of months. Hope to see you out some time!
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Certainly. There are three new compound bows in the house over the past month. One for my daughter, son and myself. With six bows in the house I need more places to hang them.

Today I rigged up a camera mount for my bow and tossed some Lumenoks just to see how it works. I'm tossing a couple dozen arrows a day dialing in the new bows.

I still have to pick up an extra safety harness before next season and will likely pick up a couple more hang on stands w/climbing sticks. We need these months between deer seasons to pay for the coming season. :)

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
lswoody

Post by lswoody »

Yall are not alone!!! I just joined the ranks of the elite crossbow owners when i got a Phoenix!!!! Cannot wait to get me a deer with it!!!!!
Proverbs 3:5-6
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Yep...already plannin' and plottin'!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Guess I'm one of the weird ones. :? I've not really thought about deer hunting much here recently. Haven't had time to really. Been too busy at the house to really worry about it. Still haven't had a chance to shoot the arrows I made probably a month ago. :(
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

The empty freezer of a couple months now and having to buy beef again definitely has me ready for season already. The heat though makes it a bit difficult to fathom. I was only able to put 2 in the freezer last season and we went through them pretty fast.
Why ride when you can walk!
lungbuster

Post by lungbuster »

I know I need a fix. Our opener is in the beginning of Sept. Can't wait
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I keep looking at the deer at feeder & seeing burgers n backstraps ummm so good!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
kenspiel

Post by kenspiel »

Yes, I can hardly wait. Can't seem to keep my mind on fishing. I just bought a Excalibur Crossbow a few months ago, and will be using it for the first time this coming season. I also use a PSE Compound.

For the Crossbow: what broadheads are you guys using. Boltcutters, Xact, ????

I am new to this forum and look forward reading all the tips, comments, suggestions, etc.
subneural

Post by subneural »

Welcome kenspiel! Which PSE are you using - I just picked up a Brute X (my first compound) and am looking forward to trying it this year. As for broad heads, I shot 125gr Griz Tricks, and found that they hit the same as field points when shot from my Phoenix. Maybe I'm a sucker for slick advertising, but I am going to try Rage mechanicals from my vertical bow this year.
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

im more crazy for goose season then turkey season :P dont care to much for deer but i do buy a tag every year :D :lol:
Pro-staff for team gobblestalker
pro-staff at Turkey tuque
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
http://www.gobblestalkercalls.com
type1 diabetic since 2003
mike schnarr :P
kenspiel

Post by kenspiel »

subneural wrote:Welcome kenspiel! Which PSE are you using - I just picked up a Brute X (my first compound) and am looking forward to trying it this year. As for broad heads, I shot 125gr Griz Tricks, and found that they hit the same as field points when shot from my Phoenix. Maybe I'm a sucker for slick advertising, but I am going to try Rage mechanicals from my vertical bow this year.
I have "The Beast" PSE Compound. Shot a 9pt this past Oct 14th at 21 yards. Not a big rack but nice. I am also thinking about trying the Rage. I have been using 100gr Muzzy's. I fished alot of years (about 10) - 4 hours north of Toronto.
I am going to look at Boltcutters, and Xact Broadheads for the Excalibur. Its fun getting ready. Thanks for your reply. - Ken
subneural

Post by subneural »

TPM wrote:Marc, great to see ya posting again! As for deer, they're always on my mind, along with grouse of course. Lots of 3D shoots over the next couple of months. Hope to see you out some time!
Thanks TPM! I've been away too long. Are you & Vix going to the 3D at wcbowmen this weekend?
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.