Viper X string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mchurch

Viper X string

Post by mchurch »

Has anyone used Viper X strings on their Excals? Has anyone checked them with the chrono to see how the speed compares to other strings?
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
georgiaboy

Re: Viper X string

Post by georgiaboy »

I have one on my vixen...chrony at 281fps, the one on my vortex chrony'ed at 316fps.
Good string for the price IMHO.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
excalibrett

Post by excalibrett »

I put one on my Equinox. Got about 30-40 shots out of it before the serving started to seperate. I got in touch with Viper X and they said there was no warranty on their crossbow strings-but, because I only had that few of shots on their string, they offered to reserve it if I sent it back to them. I sent it back last week, have not gotten it back yet. They said they were going to reserve it with a stronger material. Hopefully all goes well this next time. I have not had a chance to chrony it, though. Other than the serving issue, I really like the string. When I first ordered it, it arrived in only four days. Will keep everyone up to speed when I get the string back.
Excal Matrix 380
Leupold VX1 2-7x32
Black Eagles
Boo Strings
custom Munchmount

Strykezone 380
Hawke xb30
Black Eagles

Darton Lightning
Hawke xb30
Gold Tip Laser IVs
bryman021

Post by bryman021 »

I have 2 strings for my Ibex from ViperX. Both are very well made and I have only used one of them so far. On the one I have been using I have about 150 shots on it and the center serving is holding up very well! Also the string is made with BCY 8190 and I have only needed to adjust the brace height once after about 40 shots. And that was only a couple twists as the creep or stretch was only about 1/16th of an inch. Very nice and well-made string IMO.