Swhacker Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kenspiel

Swhacker Broadheads

Post by kenspiel »

Anyone have any experience using the Swacker Broadheads with their Crossbow?? I looked at the Boltcutters and Xact yesterday and couldn't decide. I bought Swacker's for my Compound and was wondering if they would work just as well out of my Crossbow. Thanks.
Big58cal

Re: Swhacker Broadheads

Post by Big58cal »

I believe Danny Miller shoots them and is very happy with them. Awshucks & Vixenmaster should be able to give you more info on Danny's thoughts about them. I'm planning on using them this fall though. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I have killed 2 buffalo and 2 wild pigs with the Swhackers. I use the 1.75 inch cut 100 grain. The 2 buffalo were killed with a Tenpoint Phantom crossbow and the 2 pigs with my Excalibur Equinox. One of the pigs I spined. I have no hesitation to recommend them for use with crossbows.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
dewy

Post by dewy »

Have never used the Swhacker broadheads but I did see where they have a buy one get one free, of the Swhackers, at the Cmere Deer site right now!
Micro 335
15" BEE's
125gr Shwackers
kenspiel

Post by kenspiel »

Got this from Paul Templeton at Shwacker:

Ken,

Yes we have several factory crossbow pro-staff members using Swhacker broadheads. The 100G 2” will perform well for you.

Thanks,

Paul
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

dewy wrote:Have never used the Swhacker broadheads but I did see where they have a buy one get one free, of the Swhackers, at the Cmere Deer site right now!
So is there three broadheads in a pack, and you get a second pack free? Pretty good deal.
Thank you,
Raymond

Edit: They have to have a rubber band put on them before using them?
Dash

Post by Dash »

I haven't tried them yet. But its a very smart design which would eliminate deflection from angled shots. The Utube test I watched shows its tougher than some other well known mechanical broadheads. I want to try them while this offers on.
dewy

Post by dewy »

So is there three broadheads in a pack, and you get a second pack free? Pretty good deal.
Thank you,
Raymond
Thats my understanding. Buy a pack of 3, get a pack of 3 free. You can also mix and match weights and cut diameters.
Micro 335
15" BEE's
125gr Shwackers
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I bought the 100gr 2 blade 2" to try out this year on deer.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

have not killed anything with my Swhacker's yet but I can tell you that they fly like my target points. I am shooting the 100 gr. 1 3/4 in. cut on Gold Tip Laser 3 bolt.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Retired05

Post by Retired05 »

I used the 125gr. last year. No change in impact when switching from field points and broad heads. Had a bit of a angle shot going in. shot going in was one and three fourths and coming out three inches. You could hear the swack when the arrow hit at 40 yards. Vortex was the crossbow i was using. Don't plan on changing this combo as i am very happy with it.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I was at Awshucks house when Danny Miller did the little test on Swhacker heads.He taped a piece of plywood( I think 5/8 but could have been 1/2 or 3/4 as I dont remember) to an 18-1 target and shot it.Straight on not at an angle.It went through the plywood and into the 18-1 about 4 or 5 inches, maybe 6. he pulled it from the 18-1 and unscrewed the head ,pulled the arrow back through the plywood and screwed the head back on.He did this twice, then he put the arrow and head on 'Shucks arrow spinner. There was the smallest amount of run out. I'm talkin' thous. of an inch here.The head was still very useable.This is one tough broadhead! Danny wanted to get a hog with the Swhacker head to test it on them,but couldnt get an unobstructed shot at one.
I was really impressed with the Swhackers and may shoot them this year. It would be interesting to talk to Danny and see if he has done any more live game tests since the hog hunt.
oktalotl

Post by oktalotl »

Raymond wrote:
dewy wrote:Have never used the Swhacker broadheads but I did see where they have a buy one get one free, of the Swhackers, at the Cmere Deer site right now!
Thank you,
Raymond

Edit: They have to have a rubber band put on them before using them?
The broadheads are great, but don't get lured by the "buy 1 get 1 free" thing. It is for US only. Morever, though their product is very innovative, Shwacker does not sell anywhere but US from their website, at all. (they offer to use freight forwarding companies for $40 order :shock: ). C'mon Shwacker, it's XXI century. USPS has apps for that, so do all the couriers.

I got their broadheads from ebay, 'cause their website and "difficulty to calculate shipping" pissed me off. :D Amazing broadheads, very weird marketing strategy and sales (speaking from Canading side).
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

That's a shame. I was just about to give them some of my money. I was even going to convert it to American greenbacks for em :|

Anyone know of a Canadian co that sells these heads?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
oktalotl

Post by oktalotl »

one shot scott wrote:That's a shame. I was just about to give them some of my money. I was even going to convert it to American greenbacks for em :|

Anyone know of a Canadian co that sells these heads?
I didn't find any. Don't know about BassPro or Sail, as I live far from them, - they might stock some... Ebay was not bad, as I combined shipping with other items. Had I ordered broadheads only, it would have been a different story ($32 shipping for $35 order).