Some Questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Re: Some Questions

Post by Farmer »

Welcome to the forum rej . Have had good luck with Magnus Snuffer 125 grain BH and Wasp Boss 4 blade . For mechanicals have used rocket Sidewinder and hammerhead . ( used Nap Spitfire when they first came out as a 2 blade with good results )
nchunterkw

Re: Some Questions

Post by nchunterkw »

You might want to do a Google search on Swhacker broadheads - specifically for some Youtube videos showing tests of many mechanicals vs that head. I've not shot the Swhacker (yet) but the video is quite revealing on some other popular heads. I've had trouble with Rage 2 blades out of a Horton Legend on a big deer at very close range (10 yards maybe). KE was definately over 60 ft lbs but terminal performance was horrible. With the accuracy,consistency, and stability I get with my Excal, I see no reason to ever shoot mechanicals again. I tight group with fixed blades = well tuned (and well flying) arrows. The same cannot always be said of a tight group with a mechanical. My 2 cents.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><