Alright, got a Phoenix and just ordered a case, now I...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lswoody

Alright, got a Phoenix and just ordered a case, now I...

Post by lswoody »

.........need to decide which broadhead. Have narrowed it down to either 100 gr. 1.75" Shwacker or the 100 grain 1.5" 3 blade Rocket Meat Seeker. Both are mechanical and both have very high ratings and reviews. With Shwacker having the 2 for 1 deal, they are priced about the same. I am sort of leaning toward the Meat Seekers because everything is steel, Shwacker has and aluminum body. But what do you all think??? Thanks!!!!!
Proverbs 3:5-6
georgiaboy

Re: Alright, got a Phoenix and just ordered a case, now I...

Post by georgiaboy »

Can't speak to the shwacker, never shot one but looks deadly enough. Back in my vertical days i started out shooting the rocket steelhead...flew great & tough as nails. Killed two deer with them and a few small hogs. My only problem was with the small cutting dia. you had to be on the money with your shot, no room for error. With the 1.5" cutting surface of the meat seeker you should be fine. If it's like the steelhead it's a tough sob.
Good luck
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
lswoody

Post by lswoody »

Thanks GB!!!
Proverbs 3:5-6
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

After shooting several mechanicals out of a Horton Legend crossbow, I'm a fan of shooting fixed blades from my excal. I'm partial to the Montecs. But I hear good things about the shwacker and xact for people who know their sh$$t about crossbos hunting.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><