Hunting bug

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmerHD

Hunting bug

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

Ive been biten by the 2012 bug which usually kicks in about late July for me. Treestands, cameras, video equipment(go pro camera), scouting... and more scouting! Im up to 32 stands now and 12 trail cameras. Just sent 2 cuddes back in for the swap for new program and they are sending 2 new attacks back for 110 each(229 in stores). Cuddebacks customer service sucked bigtime last season. Couldnt reach them, but today they picked up on the 1st ring! Bout time!

Ive seen alot of bucks with good headgear already here. Ive got 2 on my hitlist from last year. One is a ungodly 8 whom has avoided me for 2 years. The G2 buck! I lost sleep the whole 2011 season of this buck. He's a 5.5-6.5 tall and powerful bladed 8. The other is a 4.5 year old buck I call the spiderweb. He has kickers and stickers but the G2 buck blows him away in sheer size! One of these will fall this season.. hopefully under my stand:)

Hurry up fall.... im ready to hunt
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
crazyfarmerHD

Re: Hunting bug

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

last season 2011

turkeys

just a funny shot with my lil girl

aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

have a bunch of others but thats a few.. bucks werent impressive. The first 6pt was a cull buck. He never was going anywhere. The tall brow 7 was a mature deer for here and one I wanted to take.
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

nice pics. you have some good deer on your property. personally i dont buy into the whole hes never gonna be anything.ive read a few articles recently and herd some experts backpedal on the issue.the explosion of tv shows all seem to crank out the same formula. with the use of trail cameras kinda takes a little fun out for me. dont get me wrong i put a camera or 2 out over the summer just to see whats around and then just hunt on immediate sign.the hunting video community make it seem too robotic to me.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I think "huntin'" with the cameras is nearly as much fun as huntin' with a gun! It is also a super way to be educated about what is in your area.Its so hot here in the summer "regular huntin' isnt as much fun anyway. Cameras are my "fix" I guess.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I think your going to need a bigger "man cave" than what you built to hold all your trophies! I've missed seeing your trail cam pics!
Why ride when you can walk!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

groundpounder wrote:I think your going to need a bigger "man cave" than what you built to hold all your trophies! I've missed seeing your trail cam pics!
He's goin' to need a "Man Auditorium" for all those.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I think that one pic shows Farmer smiling. WoW! Thats a first. :D
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

LOL... my lil girl gets me smiling. You just never know what shes gonna do. She ran up to pose with me in that pic, and before the wife took it she took off back out the picture HAHAH...

foofoo, im with ya on that. But we have a endless supply of 6's here that stay 6's. I have pics of that 6 from the year before. All he did was put on more mass at the base. Va is a little different from the big producing states in the midwest. Its hard for them to explode into super giants unless they are blessed with good genetics
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Great pics CF! Hang in there man, it won't be long now. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

amen! season is coming fast!
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Hey crazy farmer , IF ya need some help with them 6,s just give me a pm. and i'll be more than happy to help ya git rid of them, :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Dave :D
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

.The bug has got me too. About 3 1/2 months until opening day for deer. Nice pics. Still waiting to get my first "trophy" deer. So far, it's been does and small bucks, but they do fill a freezer :D :D
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

great pics you got there, i would be happy with one of those bad boys.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
kenspiel

Post by kenspiel »

Great pics - I am sure bit too, can't wait until end of September. I haven't shot anything near as nice as yours but bet I have just as much fun.

Keep hunting.