boltcutters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

boltcutters

Post by maine hunter »

i just tried my boltcutters tonight. i first shot my fieldtip arrow to make sure it was on, and it was perfect. then came the boltcutter, at 20 yards it was about an inch high and little left. at 30 yards about 2,3 inches high and still alittle left. l shot about 10 times, same result. has anybody had this happen to them too?
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
willhunting

Re: boltcutters

Post by willhunting »

Which model crossbow do you have ?

I made some tests tonight with my Equinox and have better results with the Excel string (custom). Boltcuters and fiels points have same POI at 20, 25,30 yards.
With the Flemish string, I have good results at 20 but at 30 yards, I'M 2 inches high and left....

I know the Flemish string is 15 fps faster than the Excel But I can live with.. :D
Anyway, with the Exccel , sound is so sweet :D :D

Will
Matrix 380 camo!!!!!
Excal Vixen black !!
Boo string
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

i have an axiom with excal string. i was just playing around with the boltcutters. i can always move my scope to dial them in, but i rather wait until it gets closer to hunting season, so i dont have to keep changing the scope from field to bh. just wanted to know if this was normale result i had. thanks for a quick coment.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i had to adjust a little maybe an inch or two but haven't looked back.boltcutters are tough!! :D
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

thanks guys for the info. hank i will try what you said. they are a nice bh.can't wait to use theml