Update on Fury(pic)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmerHD

Update on Fury(pic)

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

I just got it and as with anything I had to shoot it asap... Ill post reviews later but being so use to the excal it actaully took me 5-6 mins to figure it out. It wasnt just plug and play with the excals LOL. Putting the sled on to cock the bow can be a PITA but after 7-8 shots it was fairly simple. The string and serving are still like new after 30 or so shots just playing around.

quick summary..

Its quiet for a crossbow, yes I did say quiet! Its still a crossbow but compared to most ive heard its pretty silent.

1st shots over the chrono before it died on me read 359fps with a 400 grain arrow(same arrows I shoot on my equinox just with half moons). It melted the factory labeling off the gold tips in 3 shots!

very stable to shoot since the waits centered pretty well

I dont like the anti dryfire device. You have to shove the arrow back till it clicks in place. Its nice in a way, but annoying. However, you know its always loaded correctly.

Took really 3 shots at 20 yards before it was dead on. I tried one at 30 and dead center using the second line on the 2-7.3x36 scope.

Thats all the testing I had time to do but again ill post more info next week.

happy so far, but true testing and real world hunting will give me my final opinions. Its super cool to look at LOL!! It could explode tomorrow though hahaha.. I will say hortons email replies have been quick which sold me on this bow compared to the bowtech stryker I was looking at.

aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
mr meat

Re: Update on Fury(pic)

Post by mr meat »

wow! it does look compact!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

nice looking bow you got there. horton makes some good crossbows.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Looks very good . I just noticed , a RDT crossbow will limit the type of quiver mount you can use . Groundpounder , munch mount or the L shaped bracket Wyvern Creations would not work .Limited to a Bohning scope mount or some other type mounted under the rail .
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

that reverse limb design is very interesting it sounds like you have a winner their is it heavy?
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

Its 8 pounds but it doesnt feel heavy since all the weight is centered. Im going to weigh them both but I cant feel a difference in either even though its supposed to be 2 pounds difference?

Im wondering if groudpounder can maybe rig up something.. Ive seen one that mounts to the scope but I dont like that idea.

just shot 50 yards today and dead on..triggers nice also.

The only thing I dont like is needing a press to change the strings LOL. Still shooting 359 dead on every shot now. The equinox with the big boo string and whiskers is only getting 317-320.
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on yer new crossbow. I see you have already blasted off into Space at Warp speed!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Dash

Post by Dash »

The reverse limb structure is a good idea. It brings the weight back towards the body, and has a long power stroke as the string is at the forward tip of the rail.
Out of the compounds, one of the reversed bow styles would be my pick. But after seeing the many different styles of bows shot at the club here, and hassles they have, I'm still sold on the simplicity and reliability of an Excal.
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

thats the one thing that troubles me.. if something fails! On the excal its nothing that can fail other than dryfiring and breaking a limb lol.

Its always that if with any bow, but its 98% less (if's) with the excaliburs lol

granted it may never break or have any issues.. its new so time will tell
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Got to have more toys to fill the toy box? :lol:

Nice . . .I'll get a new bow as soon as mine breaks . . . . :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

just posted over there... seems like it was a issue with black stock bows? Mine hasnt blown up yet in 60-75 shots so hopefully its good;) Contacted them to be sure also.. thanks!
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

Hey Crazy,
Just thought you would like to know, that horton has just recalled all the fury's that have been sold. It is all over at AT about the recall. You may want to get ahold of Horton to see the details of the recall.
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

talked to Lee today about this at horton. They said it was a issue with some of the black stock models they had and the 2 screws that held the riser to the stock. Said its no recall but any concerned could contact them.

ive been following and posting over on AT also about it and exchanged about 8 emails with Horton today just to double check mine was A OK:)

just seems like one person that didnt like Horton started a gossip chain reaction and it spread like wildfire.
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Good to hear that customer service is on top of their game !