review of Fury(videos)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmerHD

review of Fury(videos)

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

Did some testing today and the go pro camera mounted to the bow.

Everyone knows the excaliburs can flat out shoot so I wanted to see how this bow would do. No I didnt try to split arrows, but just wanted to see how it compares

Weight
Excalibur Equinox 9lbs with groundpounder mount + scope
Horton Fury 8.8lbs with scope

Speed
I cant compare them since its 2 different setups. Im only getting 317 on the equinox with one of Boos thick strings with whiskers and a 409 grain arrow
The Fury is getting 359fps with a 400grain arrow

The fury fits basically in half the wingspan of the equinox so see the video below. You can see some of the wall of fame also in my hunting room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InTJsxbbGM0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryckkn5FCzE

accuracy
I shoot both bows well. I like both bows and you can shoot tacs with both bows. I did place a dime dot on a target at 20 yards and the fury did center punch the dot sticker and it was actaully still on the arrow near the vanes! But the excal can do that also if you shoot it right. 50 yard shooting was a breeze with a solid rest with both bows

sound
the fury gets the notch here since it is a notch or two more silent lol, but its a corssbow still

balance
I love the horton since its sooooo compact and no shock on the shot

now how well the bow holds up during hunting season I shall see. The excal is hands down dependable. Nothing to break or go wrong. That wins me over. I will give the horton a chance. Its compact and shoots like a dream but how long will the string and cams hold up. I shall see;)

here is a video with me loading and shooting it. The camera picks up every ding and ting. The one downside is that sled. It makes noise but so does the rope cocker. You can see where I have to make sure the arrow is locked in. You can hear the 2 clicks. I just shot about 20 yards with no rest. You can see its SUPER steady. Anyhow, just posting for some that were interested. Its a neat bow.. and all in what you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBtzwfASjts

all vids are HD also so watch them in 1080 HD! I cant wait to video with this camera during hunting season! Go pro Hero 2!
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
Farmer

Re: review of Fury(videos)

Post by Farmer »

Good video . The cocking sled looks like it would be a pain to use and store ( big ) Is it made of aluminum ? Maybe a nylon or other high density plastic could be used to make a quieter version .

Like the GOPRO , I have been using a Moultrie action cam , will have to post a picture of my set up .

Corn is looking very good ! I did not plant any this year , neighbours is up to my waist . Planted around the 15th of May .
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

my grandsons friend got one a them fury's and brought it over to show us.
we hava couple them reverse limb'd wonders, but i believe the fury is built and designed better than hortons older model.
its very accurate, smooth, well balanced, fast and......quiet !!!!!!!!!!
very nice review !!! 8)
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I'm not sure that once you got used to it that the cocking sled wouldnt be easier to use than TWO hooks.That does look pretty sweet, and is real quiet.
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

The sled is easier and easier to use. When I first tried I said to myself this sucks lol.. but now its just slides over.

as you said, you will notice it in your pocket since its aluminum. Its not that loud since the hooks sliding up the rail on the excal makes noise also. The go pro camera just amplifies it since its mounted to the bow. Same for the sound on the shot. Its about half that loud.

its neat, but its not as simple as the excals. But its fun to shoot and cool to show off to your friends hahaha..

farmer, post a pic of that setup. I know its smaller than the go pro. I got the go pro to mount to my paintball marker during games HAHAH!!We need rain badly here... going on a almost 2 week drought period now
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Will have to have my daughter help me post the pictures I have really poor computer skills . My mounted was done farmer style , that is " tool and die by eye" . :roll:

Very dry here as well only 6/10th of an inch at bit more than 3 weeks ago and 2 small showers that amounted to 1/4 inch . Called for storms today but they never came :(