fishing lake ontario

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbhntr

Re: fishing lake ontario

Post by xbhntr »

I'm going to add my" last two cents worth ", do you believe " The Government " ? If the truth is known then the loss of revenue would be financially enormous ! Ray
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

xbhntr wrote:I worked in a Steel mill in Hamilton , oil , anti-freeze and other toxins were dumped into Hamilton Bay , DAILY ! Over 30 years I witness this dumping and its still happening ! I'm not talking 10 gallons , but 1000 gallons and more from each steel making department . Princess Point in Hamilton is an example of a polluted site. They were going to dredge it out , after taking a sediment core sample : they found the bottom was toxic ,tomore than 25 feet ! This polluted area is 15 miles from these Steel mills ! Windemere basin on Hamilton bay is the hotist polluted spot in Ontario ! These fish have tumors and deformities caused by Steel mill by -product dumpings . Ray
RAY, did the government not know about this? Hard to believe. Anyway, water quality in the lake is ever improving and the fish are good to eat in general. On the salmon, you cut the belly off and you've got some tasty meat. Personally, I prefer salmon and trout caught several miles offshore between Scarborough and Port Credit. To each his own.

Regards, Erik.
RobB

Post by RobB »

Ray - I'm just curious as to know why you would rely on the LCBO to get your information regarding fish consumption in Ontario's lakes and rivers? Check this site out for updated information http://www.downloads.ene.gov.on.ca/file ... 77906.html

Nice looking fish dutchhunter.
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

Hi all. Had a good day on Lake Ontario out of Port Credit. The strikes were fast up until 8:30 am when the storm hit us. We perservered, and still boated fish. When the day was done, 9 fish were boated. 3 salmon and 6 'bows. We lost a MONSTER around 7:15 am. A great time aboard Safety Dude Charters.

Regards, Erik.
Last edited by Hot Pepper Dude on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Post by Tom »

xbhntr wrote:I'm going to add my" last two cents worth ", do you believe " The Government " ? If the truth is known then the loss of revenue would be financially enormous ! Ray
Do I believe the government as to the stats in the book as being reliable, YES I DO If those stats were to be fraudulent, too many organizations would have attacked the government (yes there were animal rights groups that wanted fishing stopped as it was cruel to the fish, sharp hooks and all).

Yes, do to liability issues I did see the test results which showed where the most of the contaminants were located. I would not advise our clients if I did not have proof. Very little of the contaminants were located in the non dark meat, or fatty areas (stomach, backbone, or lateral line).

BTW I no longer have any stake in the fishing industry but I do hate to see misinformation out there. Also the charter boat business in the great lakes does add money to the Ontario coffers, it is only a small amount compared to what other tourism does.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]