my new arrow wraps

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmerHD

my new arrow wraps

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

wanted something different, but I still like the solid bright color wraps for hunting but these are cook to look at. I havent made any in about 2 years. Took a break from making arrows since I had issues with the glue and supplies I was getting and I want the best. The goat tuff glue wasnt sticking like it had been and etc. I hear others had this issue and that glue only had a shelf life of 3-4months. But I got 2-3 bad tubes and the vanes wouldnt stick unless I held them on for 4 mins which was a hassle!

anyhow, fletched 2 for fun since I need to order more arrows to do.

aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
papa bear1

Re: my new arrow wraps

Post by papa bear1 »

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave :D

P.S. are those half moon knocks ?????????????????????????
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

yes... had to make them for the other crossbow to shoot. I hate half moons but had to make do with them.

ones in the middle are the last ones I made when I was selling them here hahaha.. have some miles on them
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

very nice!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

Nice looking wraps, I'm still using the bright colors with neon vanes. I too gave up on Goat Tuff, vanes just would not stick. Vanes were coming off on deer shots and would come off with the slightest pressure on the side. Went to Gorilla glue and have had no problems at all, vanes will not pull off.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Very nice 'farmer, too bad the won't last. My Cyclone chews up the wrap ends. Stopped making pretty arrows, just arrows that fly pretty well. But, they are lookers for sure. :mrgreen:
On the last comment, the super glue deteriorates with age. Had the same results with GoatTuff BUT recently had the same be true with older bottle of Gorilla. Still like Gorilla because it's latex fortified, won't crack as readily, but out of fairness to GT bottles of the same age should be compared.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good looking arrows cf. I like the new wraps. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

goat tuff just annoyed me since I contacted them and got a new bottle with the same results. Thats with prepped shafts and etc. It just WOULD NOT STICK unless you set there and held each vane on for 5-10 mins, but then you had to let it dry for days. The old goat tuff would dry in 20 seconds and I do mean DRY cause it would glue your fingers to the shaft ahahahah..Thats one reason I stopped making arrows because I didnt want vanes coming off on arrows I sold.
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

guys, guys, please... if i may bohning fletch tite platinum. the best fletching glue, period... however, for you guys that have to have there fletched arrows NOW gorilla glue will work good. i do non care for that type of glue when dry, becomes to brittle over time... also word of caution, brittle glue + wet weather = loose fletch... never, ever want that again!! i'll stick with the bohning thanks. oh, and the got tuff glue is very overated...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks