The wife

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaGriz

The wife

Post by DaGriz »

said........

" You make all these big hunting knives. Why don't you make a nice pretty small paring knife that a person who does the cooking etc can use in the spam Some thing that they would be proud to use and show to their friends.

Well after 40+ years I have learned to listen to my wife so here it is: I'm putting it up in the trading post .I don't think it will last long.

You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: The wife

Post by Doe Master »

She is very smart . It looks good as usual .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Look's good, Darrel! I know what that scale is, a drill bit sharpening gauge. Missing a piece or two.........
"Eze 18:21"
encore1250

Post by encore1250 »

SSSWWEETT
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

This one is tempting!
Got a call today from a member/friend who gave me the heads-up on this knife, So close to pulling the trigger. Let that be a warning to you other fence sitters. :D

My son does not put his down, it is his pride and joy, he glows when he is using it. It has seen it's share of action in the past couple weeks, plate has been filled a few times.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Not a temptation for me, my wife can't seem to remember to use a cutting board. Then she has to pry the lids off of canned goods which will bend the tips of the cheapies up where you can't sharpen them. Throws me into a rant whenever I catch her at it. Thought I had a system where by I hid one of the three good parers here, but she found it and bent the tip up, that's when the fight started as I had ebayed three parers and two big meat knives, Victorinox's.

I keep the keepers razor sharp and on another shelf and she's let them be. I have plenty of cutting boards for her/me/us.

I think she's on to me, knows it's easier to sharpen the knives and straighten the bent tips.

Hey Darrel, been meaning to ask how that works at your abode?
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Dbl post
Last edited by awshucks on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Too funny Dan :lol:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Glad you found humor in it, on a really drunken night it will sometimes make me crack a small smile myself.

It always starts out the same w/ hook tips. I ask wtf happened here, get a dummy dunno when it's clear as a bell to me. Instant rage on my part and that's a hard to believe thing coming from me. :mrgreen:
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Hey Dan

Pretty much the same here. I've repaired more spam knives then I can count. Bought special tools fr opening canned jars of stuff to save on the knives. Trying to 'splain things is like talking to a wall. I even went so far as to build in cutting boards into the counter tops, made sfour very nice multi species hardwood cutting boards, talked continually about proper care of good knives; all for naught. Now I have two sets of spam knives. One is razor sharp and stays put away unless I use it. Other set is............. well you know!

UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Griz, Looks about the same size as the one I bought from you last week. Can't wait to give it to my wife next week on her birthday.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

UPSMAN wrote:Griz, Looks about the same size as the one I bought from you last week. Can't wait to give it to my wife next week on her birthday.
This one is smaller and handle is a thinner.

wabi

Post by wabi »

Email sent Darrel - I want it! :shock:
wabi
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

This knife would be great with a flat back pocket sheath! To carry like a fixed pocket knife. Very nice knife.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

More of you gorgeous handiwork!

STOP IT DARREL!!!!!!!!!
You're making me want more knives than any one person should own!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Seriously though, I really enjoy seeing each new knife you post. (Don't stop! :D)
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.