ADDED A CHEEK PIECE

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUD-FIELDS

ADDED A CHEEK PIECE

Post by BUD-FIELDS »

Hey Folks... I just added one of those Excalibur cheek pieces to my Phoenix crossbow and Wow.... what a difference THAT HAS MADE.

I debated about adding it and I had read and asked opinions of others on here and I decided to give it a try. I ordered it from Dan Miller and he shipped it to me VERY QUICKLY.

Head alignment is achieved MUCH QUICKER and I REALLY have confidence it has INCREASED my shooting accuracy. MUCH more shooting comfort.. One of my hunting buddies is also going to be ordering one for his Excalibur..

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND OPINIONS..

Bud Fields
"OUTDOORS WITH BUD"
Mark Rainbolt

Re: ADDED A CHEEK PIECE

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

Very good decision Bud!!! I got one and love it.
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
BUD-FIELDS

Post by BUD-FIELDS »

I was somewhat apprehensive because someone else had commented about having to do some trimming to get the cheek piece to properly fit.. I NEVER had to do ANY trimming whatsoever.

The ONLY necessity I had to do was put the cheek piece on and slide it back and forth until I found the proper location for me.. My Phoenix was NOT drilled for the mounting screw like some of the newer ones, After drilling and tapping the mounting hole, it was a VERY SIMPLE installation.

Yes sir... I would highly recommend the cheek piece to ANYONE. (I only wish my Phoenix had a thumb-hole stock..
That is another consideration I am looking into...maybe creating one of my own design.)

GOOD SHOOTING..
Bud Fields
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

the cheek rest does make big diffrence, and if you have long arms, the ex-tend for the end stock is great too.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
BUD-FIELDS

Post by BUD-FIELDS »

My neighbor is one of those guys that can tie his boots WITHOUT bending over. He added one of the stock extenders to his Excalibur and it helped him. Consequently... I am NOT one of those long-armed guys but I REALLY think I would like a "thumb-hole" stock but can't afford a new crossbow to get it...

My Phoenix has worked out PERFECTLY for me so far and I hope, someday, to add a few more Excaliburs to my collection. It can be addictive.. :)
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D oh, it is!!! i love shooting. i try to get and shoot 3,4 times a week, if not more than that.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I put one on my Vortex and I'm very happy with it too. When I rest my cheek on it my eye aligns very naturally with the scope. Before I had to move around a little to get good alignment. I also added the stock extender which makes the bow fit me a little better also. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

As much as it killed me to buy that over priced piece of plastic (over priced in my mind at least ) it does make a difference, am glad I got it.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone