advice on bolt knocks?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

advice on bolt knocks?

Post by xbowrook »

hi guys i have made a decision to change to some crossbow rage expandable blades for this season.. want something with a larger cutting diameter... i have a question in terms of lighted knocks.. anyone ever use the tracers on their bolts? just wondering of your reviews of them and where would you put the magnets for them, just to make sure you have the most success with them lighting up? thanks all,
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
maine hunter

Re: advice on bolt knocks?

Post by maine hunter »

i just started to use the rage 2 for crossbows, really like them alot. i use the lumenoks. they work great. easy to use, very tough too, good luck on what you decide.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

I bought some bolts last year that had the lighted nocks already installed. I am not sure which nocks they were, but they do use a magnet to turn them on. I put the magnet at the "valley" on the piece that your limbs bolt too (sorry, not sure what it's called). If you have the bow cocked and a bolt in place, it would be close to the field point/broadhead.
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Roadrunnr72 wrote:I bought some bolts last year that had the lighted nocks already installed. I am not sure which nocks they were, but they do use a magnet to turn them on. I put the magnet at the "valley" on the piece that your limbs bolt too (sorry, not sure what it's called). If you have the bow cocked and a bolt in place, it would be close to the field point/broadhead.
yup, those are the easton tracers, the ones i wanna get.. they are, to my knowledge, the only ones that turn on/off by way of magnet... how do you like them? i only ask because i had the lumenocks on my arrows for my vert. bow on 2 separate occasions and didn't like them... they'd never light up when i shot, but they'd light up if i bumped my quiver on a branch, etc.. didn't like how they had to light up, by way of pushing the nock using force from string release, etc.. i like the idea of the magnetic switch... may just have to try them...
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Sloppy Does

Post by Sloppy Does »

I've shot easton tracers before with my verticle bow and they only worked about half the time. Took em back and bought lumenocks.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

easton tracer nocks are the way to go! i really like them. work every time. some times they are a little stubborn to turn on, meaning you keep them in a off mode until use. follow directions to the letter! they are expensive $10 each. i mounted my magnet at end of barrel/limb frame ( part that limbs bolt to)
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks