What Do You Recommend

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUD-FIELDS

What Do You Recommend

Post by BUD-FIELDS »

Hey Folks..

What fletcher would you recommend for someone that is only wanting to do some simple re-fletching and "small scale" arrow/bolt building? I have heard some people say the Arizona EZ Fletch, Blazer Helix, Arizona Bolt fletcher and I have also heard the Bohning TOWER fletcher.. CONFUSING..
When I was shooting "verticle" bows, I made and repaired ALL my own arrows and I made arrows for MANY family members and friends but I SOLD out and never had any interest until recently but NOT wanting to make a TON of arrows other than my own and minor repair..

THANK YOU..
Bud Fields
agingcrossbower

Re: What Do You Recommend

Post by agingcrossbower »

I have heard of good thing about the Arizona EZ fletch Bolt. There are many more on this forum with better knowledge of it than me. PM Big John and ask him. He knows fletching. Best of Luck to you. :)
BUD-FIELDS

Post by BUD-FIELDS »

THANK YOU... I KNOW I have asked MANY questions but I guess that is the only way to learn and I ALWAYS respect the opinions of others.. Even at MY age, you NEVER STOP LEARNING..
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

I have used an Arizona EZ fletch when using a vertical bow, and just got the Bolt Fletcher. Works great, just did 3 bolts a few days ago with the bolt Fletcher and 2" blazers, so far so good.
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
Big John

Post by Big John »

Hi Bud:

Got your email, but I'm having trouble with my email account. So you or anyone else please respond on here by PM until I can clear it up.

Thanks, Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
BUD-FIELDS

Post by BUD-FIELDS »

Hi Big John... Have also had some issues with my email accounts recently... SURE A PAIN in the "quiver." I figured you were VERY busy had not had time to respond. Would STILL like to get some arrows/bolts from you.. PM me if you want too..

I RESPECT EVERYONE'S opinion here and I am THANKFUL for the responses. I ALWAYS enjoyed doing ALL my own arrow worl, building my own strings and bow setup but this crossbow adventure is ENTIRELY NEW TO ME. (Maybe they are right... you CAN'T teach an old dog new tricks.)

Just interested in doing SMALL SCALE work.. NOTHING BIG TIME. Got a bunch of questions concerning those brass inserts in my GOLDTIP LASER 2's and where to get them.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Have used a Bitzenberger in the past and they are great fletching tools, but I tried an Arizona E-Z Bolt fletcher recently and they are fast slick and easy to use.Its all I use now.
Trx480Ryan

Post by Trx480Ryan »

I did fletchings for the first time with the Arizona Ez bolt, and it was easy and quick, and worked well, im happy with it and its simplicity so far
2011 Excalibur Equinox With Quiver and Varizone
Remington 870 With Camera Mount
Ruger 10/22 With Scope and See through Mounts
2004 Trx450r with a little work.
1995 Ranger with a little work.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I have a bitz and tower jig and the Arizona bolt Fletcher and now use only the Arizona all the time. so simple to use and great acurracy with blazers.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I have an AZ-EZ in rt hand helical [bigger than 2 1/8" vanes] and an AZ EZ Bolt.

I like the Bolt but got my best br groups w/ rt hand helical jig. Haven't tested the Bolt yet, fwiw.
"Eze 18:21"
BUD-FIELDS

Post by BUD-FIELDS »

YOU folks are the GREATEST.. I will probably order one of the EZ-FLETCH BOLTS sometime next week.. Sounds like it would do just what I want to do...

Bud Fields
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have to give the EZ bolt the nod as well fast and easy . Have used Grayling , Blitz , and the Bohning Helix . If you want to fletch with Blazers or some other short high profile vane the EZ bolt is the Jig for you .
Dash

Post by Dash »

I have to agree the EZ bolt is too quick and convenient. Or the larger EZ fletching tool for bigger vanes.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Arizona EZ fletch or their new Bolt. Simple to use and they work great. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads