Firebolt with Lumenok inserts.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

Firebolt with Lumenok inserts.

Post by Bullzeye »

I purchased a 3 pack of Firebolts with the Lumenok's already installed for hunting this September. I noticed that little wire loops come out between the lumenoc and the arrow, is this normal ?? I could not get my phone to focus properly since these wire loops are so small, but here it is.

Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
TB

Re: Firebolt with Lumenok inserts.

Post by TB »

When those wires contact the carbon or aluminum the nock turns on. That's normal
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

ok thanks, I just thought it was weird they would stick out beyond the arrow shaft.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Yep, that's the way they're supposed to be. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

hi bullzeye, just wanted to know if the nocks pull really hard to turn off the light , or pulls easy? i bought some nocks and installed them myself, they work great, just pull really hard to shut them off.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I have not shot one yet, but just pushed one down manually to see how it works, and yes it took a bit of thumb and index finger muscle to wiggle it off, but I guess it's better than it being loose.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

maybe something like an arrow puller, and just use it for the end of nock to wiggle it loose.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

what you guys need to turn off your lumenok is a pair of Danny Miller's arrow pulling pliers.It works great. You can easily grab the lumenok with the padded inserts located on these pliers and gently wiggle and pull on the lumenok until it turns off. I have seen several pictures posted on this site that show his pliers. Maybe some nice, computer literate person, will re-post a pic of his arrow pulling pliers. You gotta get a pair,for sure.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Couple things about those wires (posts) That make contact with the end of your shaft.

1) Make sure that when you loosen them to turn them off that you wiggle left and right as opposed to twisting. If you twist you will likely break them off

2) They make little indents (dimples) in the end of carbon shafts that will (depending on how much you shoot and what bow you shoot) lead to cracks in the shaft. I recommend rotating them every dozen shots or so (again only rotate them when they are off or you will break them.)

3) Danny Millers arrow puller pliers are the best for safe removal of the nocks

I love the lumenoks and will never shoot an unlighted nock again but those two simple steps above will increase the life of the nocks and the life of your arrows.\

Hope this helps.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

UPSMAN wrote:what you guys need to turn off your lumenok is a pair of Danny Miller's arrow pulling pliers.It works great. You can easily grab the lumenok with the padded inserts located on these pliers and gently wiggle and pull on the lumenok until it turns off. I have seen several pictures posted on this site that show his pliers. Maybe some nice, computer literate person, will re-post a pic of his arrow pulling pliers. You gotta get a pair,for sure.
Not from Miller but similar.

http://www.wyverncreations.com/index.ph ... cts_id=442
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D i will check into the puller, seem's alot easier than my leatherman. it,s hard on the nock's.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

UPSMAN wrote:what you guys need to turn off your lumenok is a pair of Danny Miller's arrow pulling pliers. Maybe some nice, computer literate person, will re-post a pic of his arrow pulling pliers. You gotta get a pair,for sure.

LOL I am an idiot, I have a pair and never thought of using them, works GREAT!!

Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Bullzeye wrote:
UPSMAN wrote:what you guys need to turn off your lumenok is a pair of Danny Miller's arrow pulling pliers. Maybe some nice, computer literate person, will re-post a pic of his arrow pulling pliers. You gotta get a pair,for sure.

LOL I am an idiot, I have a pair and never thought of using them, works GREAT!!

BULLZEYE, Glad to know the lightbulb went on. I am guilty of this type of thing all the time. Can't see the forest for the trees.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

x2 ont excal those are ten point arrow puller work great on lumen nocks right on with wyvern creations i also got burt coyote tool for squaring arrows made a big difference.
Exocet77

Post by Exocet77 »

Where did you buy them installed from? I was going to order some from archersnook but they said they have been on backorder for 4 months now.

Also, how do they shoot compared to w/e the luminoks?