O/T - BLT Fest 2012

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big58cal

O/T - BLT Fest 2012

Post by Big58cal »

Can't make it to Boo Fest this year, but I sure as heck can have BLT Fest! :D I was late getting my garden out because of the wet spring we had, so my 'maters are just now starting to get ripe. Went Friday and got two 10 lb boxes of bacon, put one in the freezer and started cooking on one Friday afternoon. Between Friday night and Saturday morning I cooked about 3/4 of that 10 lb box. :lol: Since bacon is Meat Candy, I've been gorging myself on BLT's all weekend when I've been at the house. I'd hate to think of what my cholesterol is at right now. :shock:

Each year, when the 'maters start getting ripe, I gorge myself on BLT's for a few days and then I'm good to go for a while. :wink:

What about the rest of ya'll? Anyone else been enjoying some good BLT's with fresh maters?
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Normous

Re: O/T - BLT Fest 2012

Post by Normous »

Keep an eye on your heart health. Too much of a good thing is not healthy. I have seen some health disasters in the past and that is why I mention it.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

BLT's cant be beat :mrgreen:
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Nice guy :? ....didn't invite anybody to the fest :cry: ....but comes on to brag about it :roll: ....next thing you know he will post pics :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Has a cat got a climbin gear! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

My maters came off early this year so I am way ahead of ya on the BLT count!!!!
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Mine came in early too, like the middle of May! Love BLT's!!
"Eze 18:21"
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Hey, Fiddy eat,

*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Got one on my phone of a couple of plates of bacon. I'll try to get it moved over where I can post it up. :wink:

It's looking like all of my 'maters are going to hit at one time, so I went and got some more plants Friday. :mrgreen: Figure by the time the ones quit, these new ones will be coming on. :wink: :D Finished off the last of the bacon last night that I had cooked. :( Going to have to cook some more up tonight. :D

I was reading a news article a week or so ago about a chain of burger places in southern California called something to the effect of 50/50. Basically, they mix 50% ground bacon with 50% ground beef in their burgers. MAN!!! That sounds awesome!!! Anyway, they came out with a new burger that is 100% ground bacon. :D I thought about taking some of the uncooked bacon from the box and running it through my grinder and making my own "bacon burger" to try. You talk about adding new meaning to the term BLT samich! :twisted: :lol:

Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

one shot scott wrote:Hey, Fiddy eat,

Actually Scott, here's a better one:

one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

LOL! he said "pichers" :mrgreen:

This thread is usless without ballasts!!! (i know its not "the shocker". final answer!)
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

:D it will be a few weeks yet before i will be enjoying any fresh tomatoes but the peameal bacon is waiting! :D
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
bugs

Post by bugs »

I have small green ones but none near ripe yet. You need to get help for your addiction, your sodium must be through the roof :wink:
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

Picked a few tomatoes this evening along with a gallon of blackberries.

I may dig a pound of bacon out of the freezer tonight before I go to bed and make me a few BLTs tomorrow night. (wife's on vacation and I'm on my own this week)
wabi
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Big58cal wrote:Got one on my phone of a couple of plates of bacon. I'll try to get it moved over where I can post it up. :wink:

It's looking like all of my 'maters are going to hit at one time, so I went and got some more plants Friday. :mrgreen: Figure by the time the ones quit, these new ones will be coming on. :wink: :D Finished off the last of the bacon last night that I had cooked. :( Going to have to cook some more up tonight. :D

I was reading a news article a week or so ago about a chain of burger places in southern California called something to the effect of 50/50. Basically, they mix 50% ground bacon with 50% ground beef in their burgers. MAN!!! That sounds awesome!!! Anyway, they came out with a new burger that is 100% ground bacon. :D I thought about taking some of the uncooked bacon from the box and running it through my grinder and making my own "bacon burger" to try. You talk about adding new meaning to the term BLT samich! :twisted: :lol:
A friend who processes his own deer, does the burger this way. He buys the bacon "ends and pieces" at the meat market and grinds it together with the venison at about a 80-20 mix. Its how he adds fat to the burger and gets the bacon to boot. They are excellent!