May / June / July 2012 ... Keeping busy !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

May / June / July 2012 ... Keeping busy !

Post by R.J. »

Wylie Harvey ( aka WalkinTall ) and his brother inlaw Russ , send me some pictures of their recent fishing trip ... They caught lots and got some great pictures . ( sorry the pic's are a little small but thats how they uploaded after they were send to me ) > ( also Wylie can add details of the Lake and Outfitter )

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

End of May > I took this picture while out picking rocks from the field ( shows the start of the corn growth )

I took this picture July 18th > Corn is getting tall in most areas , but no corn on any of the stalks yet ... the drought is stunting all crops in our area .

Got my Angel Majesty Endless Loop string > From Don K. awhile ago .... finally found time to try it out on my Vixen ... Wish I could give you all a more detailed trial report , but I've only have approx 45 shots on it so far ... string quality and workmanship is good ... approx 3/16 " stretch after 45 shots and stayed cocked most of the afternoon ... serving still looks pristine . I have the bow hung in the shop till I get some more time to shoot volume .

As I mentioned in a previous post > my daughter is in the Yukon > Dawson city working on her summer job / adventure ( Working at a resort in the gift shop , a grocery store part time ... assiting at a local Vet clinic and volunterring at the local Humane Society in her spare time ), and judging from the e-mails and pictures she has sent us she is having lots of fun !

While she is away > her dogs have taken up temp residence on our farm and spend the days just running around and following me while doing chores ...

When I'm heading out > they stay out of trouble in an indoor/outdoor run I made up at the corner of my shop .

I posted this picture > of my daughters Guinea Pigs during the winter months ... One died , when it followed a rabbit tunnel out of the pen and got picked off by a dog ....

But was soon replaced with another > and the two are best buddies now ...

Early June > While driving home in a severe storm , my truck was hit by a falling tree ... It was in the shop for 29 days , and looks like new again !

Most damage was down the passenger side > Looks good now ...

Mid May , the cats were on the prowl > this is one of the males at my neighbors place , catching some shade under his LinkBelt ...

Not sure if he's the one that knocked up our young female > but she started hanging around close to the barn two weeks ago ... and we found some tiny kittens in the corner of a dog box on July 12th .

She tolerates our gentle female Lab " Jade " ... but she does not like my daughters dogs because they are too rammy !

It is " Jade " that alerts us to a change ... as mother cat moves the babies around the barn .

My wife was worried > about the mother cat and kittens , being disturbed by my daughters dogs , so she added a " fence to the barn door " to my " round the farm work list " ... we finished it the other day .

With the drought on hard > the water in our catch trough has attracted many frogs > they provide us with much comic relief when we are sitting out on the back deck ....

I have this week off for Vacation > my wife and I had nothing special planned > just misc day trips and catching up small projects ... so when my favorite aunt called about a deck project for her back yard , I loaded some tools in the truck and we finished it off Tuesday afternoon / evening ... Not bad time , considering Tuesday was listed as the hottest day of the week ! .... the three of us ( my wife , aunt and I ) , took our time between bouts of shade and sun , and put up an awning as well to avoid the sunburn !

Well that about all I have on the camera from May / June / July > Have two bathroom reno's in progress , but not in a hurry to finish ... Hope to see some of you @ August Boofest .
Last edited by R.J. on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
j.krug

Re: May / June / July 2012 ... Keeping busy !

Post by j.krug »

Great pics as always RJ. Thanks for sharing with us. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks like you've managed to stay busy this summer!
Don't get exhausted - deer season isn't far off. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing the pics with us!
wabi
whitetailseeker

Post by whitetailseeker »

Nothing like a good photo montage from RJ to start a Friday morning.Can't wait to see what comes out of Boofest!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Whitetailseeker
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Looks like your a all around handyman RJ. Busy, Busy, Busy. Thanks for the pics.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Always glad to see your posts, RJ! Even more glad to hear you & Wendy will be at BooStock!

Sorry to hear about your truck! Do you have a target painted on that thing or what? :?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

VixChix wrote: Even more glad to hear you & Wendy will be at BooStock!
This is good news! I'm looking forward to meeting you both. :D
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Red_labelJR

Post by Red_labelJR »

Great Pictures Rick.

Glad to hear everone is doing well!
I've got some big boot's to fill
But I'm up for that challenge
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Noticed the P & P on your one xbow, lol. Looking forward to meeting y'all next week............thanks for the pictoral.............
"Eze 18:21"