feeder & camera up & running

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

feeder & camera up & running

Post by wabi »

Got my new feeder Monday and put it on a bucket, filled it with corn, and hung it up.

link to feeder - http://www.pennco.com/index.htm

It seems to be working OK, the corn jammed up in the bucket once but that happens with all of the feeders. :roll:

Put the game can out Tuesday and checked it today.
I've had visitors already! :D

Not really the ones I want to attract, though. :(

Looks like I need to trim a few weeds, too.

wabi
Sopchoppy

Re: feeder & camera up & running

Post by Sopchoppy »

Are you using the bail on the bucket to attach the hoist or something else, can't tell from the picture.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sopchoppy wrote:Are you using the bail on the bucket to attach the hoist or something else, can't tell from the picture.
The support arm is some kind of brace I salvaged off an old electric pole. I have a steel cable (3/32 galvanized) attached to the bucket (from the bail which I also reinforced with another steel cable), through the "eye" in the end of the support arm, and I formed an eye in the end of the cable which hooks over a lag screw to hold the feeder up. I have a second screw in the tree to hold the feeder just off the ground when I fill it. (I also added a PVC "handle" to the cable to make it easier to lift & lower.)
If I think of it I'll take my good camera and get some better pics for you.
wabi
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Exactly how does it jam up ?? What size hole do you need in your pail to attach this feeder?

P.S ck your inbox :)
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Looks Good. Wish you the best for hunting season.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Bullzeye wrote:Exactly how does it jam up ?? What size hole do you need in your pail to attach this feeder?

P.S ck your inbox :)
Nothing new in the inbox, if you sent a message it may have been lost in cyberspace??????????

The hole in the new feeder was smaller than the existing hole in the bucket, so I just attached the new feeder over the old hole. The corn I purchased was a lot larger in size (huge kernels) than usual. It jammed and wasn't flowing through the hole into the feeder "cup". I've had that happen with the old feeder attached to the bucket, too. Could be a combination of factors, kernel size - a bit of dust from the cobs - and high humidity (yes, it has actually been humid here for the past few days - even a few inches of rain fell :D ). A simple "bump" on the cable the feeder hangs from got the corn flowing again.
wabi