Trail camera's....best bang for your buck???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FISH-ON

Trail camera's....best bang for your buck???

Post by FISH-ON »

Hey guys, was wondering which ones are the most preferred to use, with ease of setting up/programming etc. I was leaning towards the Spypoint IR-6, but still undecided...any info. would be appreciated

Thx
roly

Re: Trail camera's....best bang for your buck???

Post by roly »

I like the spypoints, just a little to pricey
for me
Around here they seem to go missing alot
so I look for the cheapest ones I can find.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Go to the thread topic "feeder" below ,and see pics. they were taken with Moultrie D50,s Got them for $70.oo each, takes 6 -D-cell batteries, and they pretty much last me the whole season, :) I think they take pretty good pics for the money, :shock: They are very simple to set up, even i can do it, :roll:
I especialy like the night pics. in color, :wink: They are the best bang for my Buck, :D

Dave :D
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
swalsh

Post by swalsh »

I have a Spypoint IR 5 and absolutely love it. TSC had the IR 6 in their flyer for $129, seemed like a good price to me. I also just picked up a UWAY cam at Huntfest and will set it up this weekend. What ever cam you are looking for, go to chasinggame.com . They do evaluations on trail cams, might give you a better idea on what to get.
Sean
I Hunt, I Fish, I Am
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I have spent a fortune on game cameras. Had most of the popular brands. Would have to say that my best luck,as of late,has been with the Moultrie cameras.I only use the IR models and have been using the I-45 and the M-80 series with great success. I put the Moultrie external battery pack on my I-45 last year and have not had to change the batteries yet.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Homebrew w/P32 or P41 best out there cost is abit over $200
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Flswampwalker

Post by Flswampwalker »

I see midwayusa has the Moutlrie Spy I65 camera on sale for $99.99 in their Shooting flyer. Sale Valid from July 25 to August 31. Midwayusa.com

Terry
Equinox
Axiom
Gold Tip IV
100 gr. Spitfires
FFF string
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

I have had very good luck with Wildview EZY Cams Can-tire has them on sale off and on for around $100.00/pair. Mind you the batteries don't last so you can figure another $40.00 or so for a battery and cable. However they take good pictures and are very easy to set up. I can send you some pics if your interested. TC
diesel

Post by diesel »

Build your own or buy one built from one of these guys. It is an addiction and you can only us so many trail cameras so there are a lot that get built and sold here at a very good price. Plus you can say that you built it and it really is like Christmas as a kid again the first time you go and pull the card to look at the pictures.
Down side if someone steals your camera it hurts a lot more.

http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?showforum=13
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I had a Moultrie, and still have a Bushnell and a Spypoint, and I like my Spypoint IR-5 the best, cost only $129.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I have 2 Moultries and a tried Bushnell Trophy Cams. The Moultries M-80 take better night pictures than the more expensive Trophy Cam. The Moutrie take AA batteries and they last several months on a set of batteries.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have a number of cameras - 2 bushnells ( 8mp XLT models ) have been very good . Come on sale a Canadian Tire for about $170 - 2 year warranty. They have worked well for me .

Have a Scoutguard 560 v works great as well - customer service is great - had it go bad had a new one in a week .

My favorite is the spypoint 4mp FLA model . Day time photos ar outstanding , battery life is great . Picked it up off ebay NIP for $ 65 shipped to my door.

Currently looking at a SpyPoint carried by Gander Mountain called the G4 , I think it is exclusive to the . It has all the features including sound with video mode . On sale for $99 . I may try one out .