S5 installation

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

S5 installation

Post by newbie »

Well my wife picked me up the S5 today and for some reason there were no instructions. Anything special or just tighten them up and have the string 1/16" away or does it matter if a little farther? I did try to get them square to the string and tight, anything else or is it that simple.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
strum

Re: S5 installation

Post by strum »

newbie wrote:Well my wife picked me up the S5 today and for some reason there were no instructions. Anything special or just tighten them up and have the string 1/16" away or does it matter if a little farther? I did try to get them square to the string and tight, anything else or is it that simple.
its that simple ..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16

Post by newbie »

Thanks Strum, thought it was but just making sure as they look real complicated :lol: . Never know maybe had to put them on blind folded wearing the wife's undies or something. Did that for good measure anyway :wink:
Darn Canadians make things too simple I didn't even get through the first beer.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
strum

Post by strum »

newbie wrote:Thanks Strum, thought it was but just making sure as they look real complicated :lol: . Never know maybe had to put them on blind folded wearing the wife's undies or something. Did that for good measure anyway :wink:
you did that wrong..you have to save the wifes undies for hunting.. :lol:
on everything eles your ok..just keep an eye on the string gap .you may have to adjust from time to time
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony

Post by newbie »

strum wrote:
newbie wrote:Thanks Strum, thought it was but just making sure as they look real complicated :lol: . Never know maybe had to put them on blind folded wearing the wife's undies or something. Did that for good measure anyway :wink:
you did that wrong..you have to save the wifes undies for hunting.. :lol:
on everything eles your ok..just keep an eye on the string gap .you may have to adjust from time to time

Darn guess ill have to take them off and start over without the undies :oops: . Thanks i will keep the seams turned.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
sullyy

Post by sullyy »

Hope this isn't a thread hijack....... but do you guys find you still need the dissipator bars if the S5s are installed, or will they still make a difference? I'd love to take them off to make unstringing the bow less of a PITA :lol:
strum

Post by strum »

sullyy wrote:Hope this isn't a thread hijack....... but do you guys find you still need the dissipator bars if the S5s are installed, or will they still make a difference? I'd love to take them off to make unstringing the bow less of a PITA :lol:
I took mine off..for that reason .plus to lighten up the end on the bow too..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony